SFMTA Citizens Advisory Council (CAC) > Engineering, Maintenance and Safety Committee April 24, 2013, Minutes
Engineering, Maintenance and Safety Committee
Wednesday, April 24, 2013, at 3:00 p.m.
1. Call to Order
Chairman Weaver called the meeting to order at 3:13 p.m.
2. Roll Call
EMSC members present at Roll Call: Steve Ferrario, Dan Weaver, and Frank Zepeda
EMSC members absent: None
SFMTA CAC members not on this committee, but also present: Joan Downey and Dorris Vincent
3. Announcement of prohibition of sound-producing devices during the meeting.
The CAC Secretary made the announcement.
4. Approval of Minutes:
The CAC Secretary moved that the second paragraph in item #8 be re-phrased.
The revised paragraph should read, “Frank Lau discussed the communication and radio system; Central Control; and the NextBus display sign projects.”
On motion to amend the minutes of March 27, 2013: Approved
Ayes – Ferrario, Weaver, and Zepeda
Nayes - None
Absent – None
5. Report of the chairman (For discussion only):
6. Public Comment:
7. Presentation, discussion and possible action regarding 7th & 8th Street Improvements. (Oliver Gajda, Transit Planner and Maurice Growney, Associate Engineer, Sustainable Streets)
Oliver Gajda discussed Eastern Neighborhoods Transportation Implementation Planning Study (ENTRIPS) report and recommended alternatives for the 7th and 8th Street corridor. The report details impacts to pedestrians; motorists; bicyclists; bike and travel lanes; and the reduction or widening of travel lanes.
Edward Mason commented on the rail and wheel interfaces of the Breda cars and the wheel grinding machine at Metro East.
8. Presentation, discussion and possible action regarding the status of Enforcement Audit Recommendations. (Camron Samii, Enforcement Manager, Security, Investigations & Enforcement, Sustainable Streets)
Camron Samii discussed the Enforcement Audit Recommendations to the City Services Auditor on the performance of the Parking Enforcement Section. The audit focused on six key areas: 1) cost recovery; 2) staffing; 3) technology; 4) enforcement fleet; 5) systems control; and 6) customer service.
The City Services Auditor issued its findings on July 17, 2012, which included thirty-nine (39) recommendations. Staff has implemented 51% of the recommendations and in the process of completing another 44% of the recommendations.
Edward Mason commented on recovery cost for various fairs and street closures; event planning for closure on Market Street during large parades; and gridlock on Mission Street.
9. Committee members’ requests for information. (For discussion only)
10. Schedule upcoming Meeting and Agenda Items. (For discussion only)
Next meeting: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 at 3:00 p.m.
ADJORN: The meeting was adjourned at 5:10 p.m.
Respectfully submitted by:
Accessible meeting policy – One South Van Ness Avenue
311 Free language assistance / 免費語言協助 / Ayuda gratuita con el idioma / Бесплатная помощь переводчиков / Trợ giúp Thông dịch Miễn phí / Assistance linguistique gratuite / 無料の言語支援 / 무료 언어 지원 / Libreng tulong para sa wikang Tagalog / คว“มช่วยเหลือท“งภ“ษ“โดยไม่เส’ยค่าใช้จ่าย
©2000-2013 San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency. All rights reserved.