SFMTA Citizens Advisory Council (CAC) > EMSC January 10, 2007, minutes
City and County of San Francisco
Engineering, Maintenance & Safety Committee (EMSC)
Wednesday, January 10, 2007 at 3:00 p.m.
1. Call to Order / Roll Call (Agenda Item 1). The regular meeting of the Engineering, Maintenance & Safety committee (EMSC) was called to order at 3:04 p.m., Wednesday, January 10, 2007. Daniel Weaver (Chair) presided. A quorum was present including the following:
EMSC Members Present at Roll Call: Daniel Weaver (Chair), and Jamison Wieser.
EMSC Members Present, but absent at Roll Call: Bruce Oka, arrived at 3:12 p.m.
EMSC Members Absent: None
MTA CAC Members, not on this committee, but also present: None
MTA Staff (San Francisco Municipal Railway [MUNI] and Department of Parking and Traffic [DPT]) present: Janet Martinsen (MTA CAC Liaison), and Debra Reed (MTA CAC Secretary), Leo Martinez (MTA Chief Stationary Engineer – Infrastructure Maintenance Division), Scott Heugly (MTA Security), and Bill Neilson, P.E. (MTA Principle Engineer – Construction Division).
Community Representatives Present: David Pilpel and Edward Mason.
2. Public Comment – Concerning any issue within the jurisdiction of the Council and not noted on the agenda: None
3. Adopt Minutes of November 29, 2006:
November minutes were not available. Item to be continued at February’s EMSC meeting.
4. Report of the Chair: Daniel Weaver (EMSC Chair) - no report presented
5. Report on repairs on the tunnel between Castro and Forest Hill stations—outward bound: (Discussion/Action)
Participating staff – Leo Martinez
6. Estimate to Re-Track Carl and Cole Streets: (Discussion/Action)
Participating staff Bill Neilson
7. Tunnels and Security for Embarcadero, West Portal, Eureka, and Duboce: (Discussion/Action)
Participating staff – Scott Heugly
8. Update on the Engineering for the Third Street Project Opening: (Discussion/Action)
Speaker Ashish Patel was not present for this item
9. Rebuilding of the facility for Eureka Street and Duboce Street tunnels: (Discussion/Action)
Participating Staff – Bill Neilson
10. Schedule Upcoming Meetings and Agenda Items:
Next regular meeting: February 28, 2007, at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, Conference Room 3075, at 3:00 p.m.
¨ Long Term Barricades on King Street (Jack Fleck or Jerry Robbins - Who’s responsible, and how to make permanent)
¨ PUC Lighting Analysis Summary (Leo Martinez said that Ted Aranas had a copy of the lighting study)
¨ Muni Metro signs (underground) - design review and timeline
11. Adjournment: 5:03 p.m.
Respectfully submitted by:
311 Free language assistance / 免費語言協助 / Ayuda gratuita con el idioma / Бесплатная помощь переводчиков / Trợ giúp Thông dịch Miễn phí / Assistance linguistique gratuite / 無料の言語支援 / 무료 언어 지원 / Libreng tulong para sa wikang Tagalog / คว“มช่วยเหลือท“งภ“ษ“โดยไม่เส’ยค่าใช้จ่าย
©2000-2013 San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency. All rights reserved.