SFMTA Citizens Advisory Council (CAC) > EMSC October 14, 2009, minutes
City and County of San Francisco
Engineering, Maintenance and Safety Committee
Regular Meeting Minutes
Wednesday, October 14, 2009, at 3 p.m.
1. Call to Order / Roll Call
EMSC Members present at Roll Call: Steve Ferrario Daniel Weaver, Ruth Wheeler and Jamison Wieser
EMSC members absent: Greg Riessen
SFMTA CAC members, not on this committee, but also present: Joan Downey
2. Public Comment: None
3. Adopt Minutes of September 16, 2009:
On motion to adopt the minutes of September 16: Adopted
4. Report of the chairman: Dan Weaver
5. Central Control improvements and Line Management Center (Discussion/Action) Jim Kelly
Jim Kelly, senior operations manager, Central Control, Transit, stated that there are fewer street inspectors due to the budget. An interim line management center will be built at One South Van Ness Avenue to manage Muni using NextBus technology and a new radio system. A permanent cite will be established. Funding from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act has been identified. Chairman Weaver stated that the project should be expanded to include communications with taxis and SFgo. Steve Ferrario stated that the Central Control facility and the line management center should be located in proximity to the SFMTA leadership.
6. Tunnel connections between Market Street Tunnel and Twin Peaks Tunnel (Discussion/Action) Kenny Ngan and Fariba Mahmoudi
Kenny Ngan, civil engineer, Capital Construction, reviewed the conditions of the tunnel connections. Fariba Mahmoudi, deputy of the Project Management and Engineering Section, Transportation Planning and Development, stated that funding for the water abatement project has been identified. Mr. Ngan stated that staff is working to secure additional funds.
7. Daily Operations Report, accidents and line delays and accessibility of the format (Discussion/Action) Charles Belov
Charles Belov, webmaster, Information Technology, stated that, while the format for the Daily Operations Report may not be suitable for data manipulation, but it is accessible. Mr. Belov suggested inviting Gina Tomlinson, deputy director, Information Technology, to further discuss the Daily Operations Report format. Item #7 was continued.
8. Van Ness and Geary Bus Rapid Transit (Discussion/Action) Paul Bignardi
Paul Bignardi was not present. Item #8 was continued.
9. Committee members’ questions/information requests (Discussion)
10. Schedule upcoming meetings and agenda items (Discussion/Action)
Next regular meeting: Monday, November 29, 2009, at 3 p.m.
11. Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at 5:38 p.m.
Respectfully submitted by:
311 Free language assistance / 免費語言協助 / Ayuda gratuita con el idioma / Бесплатная помощь переводчиков / Trợ giúp Thông dịch Miễn phí / Assistance linguistique gratuite / 無料の言語支援 / 무료 언어 지원 / Libreng tulong para sa wikang Tagalog / คว“มช่วยเหลือท“งภ“ษ“โดยไม่เส’ยค่าใช้จ่าย
©2000-2013 San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency. All rights reserved.