SFMTA Citizens Advisory Council (CAC) > OCSC April 21, 2008, minutes
City and County of San Francisco
Operations and Customer Service Committee (OCSC)
Regular Meeting Minutes
Monday, April 21, 2008 at 3:00 p.m.
1. Call to Order / Roll Call
OCSC Members present at Roll Call: Mary Burns, Joan Downey and Daniel Murphy.
OCSC Members present, but absent at Roll Call: Norman Rolfe arrived at 3:03 p.m.
SFMTA CAC Members, not on this committee, but also present: Ruth Wheeler
2. Adopt Minutes of March 17, 2008:
On motion to adopt minutes: Approved, Ayes – Burns, Downey, and Murphy (Except Norman Rolf arrived at 3:03 p.m.)
3. Public Comment concerning any issue within the jurisdiction of the Council and not noted on the agenda:
4. Report of the Chairman: Joan Downey
5. Graffiti abatement and car cleanliness (Discussion/Action) Jack Blanchfield and Brent Jones
Jack Blanchfield, Chief Mechanical Officer – Bus, and Brent Jones, Transit Car Cleaner Assistant Supervisor, gave an overview of transit vehicle cleaning arrangements and graffiti abatement.
OCSC collectively made the following motion:
WHEREAS the removal of graffiti and trash should be high priority as the SFMTA seeks to attract passengers to Muni and improve the customer experience,
THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED That the SFMTA CAC recommends that the SFMTA investigate reinstating vehicle cleaning assistance from General Assistance Program workers and the Sheriff’s Work Alternative Program.
On motion to reinstate cleaning assistance from both the General Assistance Program and the Sheriff’s Work Alternative Program: Approved, Ayes – Burns, Downey, Murphy and Rolfe (Arrived at 3:03 p.m.)
6. Central Control towing service requests (Discussion/Action) David Banbury
David Banbury, Manager – Central Control, reviewed towing procedures.
7. Operations Update (Discussion/Action) John Byrd
Mr. Byrd gave an update on operations incidents and developments.
8. Sidewalk parking PSA video Feedback: (Discussion/Action) Jessie Lorenz from the Lighthouse for the Blind and Marie Holland
Jessie Lorenz was not available for this meeting. Marie Holland, DPT Director, agreed to attend the next Sidewalk Parking PSA video presentation.
9. Staff responses for Recommendations and Information Requests (Discussion/Action)
10. Committee Members’ Questions/Information Requests: (Discussion)
• Status Dan Murphy asked about the status on bomb resistant trash cans at metro platforms
• A protected turn for 19th Avenue and Sloat Boulevard (Mary Burns was referred to Ricardo Olea)
• Moving a stop located at 9th Avenue and Irving (Joan Downey was referred to Javad Mirabdal).
11. Schedule Upcoming Meeting and Agenda Items
• Traffic Signals 4-Way Red Phase with increase Yellow
12. Adjournment: 5:04 p.m.
Respectfully submitted by:
311 Free language assistance / 免費語言協助 / Ayuda gratuita con el idioma / Бесплатная помощь переводчиков / Trợ giúp Thông dịch Miễn phí / Assistance linguistique gratuite / 無料の言語支援 / 무료 언어 지원 / Libreng tulong para sa wikang Tagalog / คว“มช่วยเหลือท“งภ“ษ“โดยไม่เส’ยค่าใช้จ่าย
©2000-2013 San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency. All rights reserved.