City and County of San Francisco
Municipal Transportation Agency
Citizens’ Advisory Council
Engineering, Maintenance and Safety Committee
Wednesday, May 25, 2011, at 3:30 p.m.
St. Francis Circle and West Portal Avenue
San Francisco, California
- Call to Order
Chairman Daniel Weaver called the meeting to order at 3:34 p.m.
- Roll Call
EMSC Members present at Roll Call: Steve Ferrario, Greg Riessen, Daniel Weaver, and Jamison Wieser
EMSC Members absent: None
CAC members, not on this committee, but also present: None
- Announcement of prohibition of sound producing devices during the meeting.
The CAC Secretary made the announcement.
On motion to approve the minutes of April 27, 2011: Approved
Ayes – Ferrario, Riessen, Weaver, and Wiesser
Nayes – None
- Report of the Chairman (For discussion only):
The Committee departed from One South Van Ness to St. Francis Circle at 3:45 p.m.
- Tour departure of the St. Francis Circle Reconstruction Project located at St. Francis Circle and West Portal Avenue. (Ha Nguyen, Project Manager, Capital Programs and Construction and Al Herce, Traffic Engineer, Sustainable Streets)
Al Herce discussed the recent upgrade of various fixed-time pedestrian buttons of stop light signals, the crosswalks and bollards at the intersections of St. Francis Circle, Sloat Boulevard and West Portal Avenues. Mr. Herce stated that the upgrade of the signal at Sloat Boulevard has reduced traffic congestion to the neighbors by adding an additional right hand turn lane from eastbound Sloat to southbound Junipero Serra. Steve Ferrario suggested relocating the no turn sign below the light by the train crosswalk for drivers who may not see the sign which is posted above the stop light. Greg Riessen requested that the pedestrian push buttons be set to recall, at all times, so the walk sign would automatically show on a green light.
- Committee Members’ requests for information (For discussion only)
- Schedule upcoming calendar items (For discussion only)
Next regular meeting: June 22, 2011, at 4:00 p.m.
1 South Van Ness Avenue, 3rd Floor Conference Room 3075
- Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at 5:00 p.m.
Respectfully submitted by:
SFMTA CAC - Secretary
Accessible meeting policy – One South Van Ness Avenue