SFMTA Board > June 29, 2007, agenda
MUNICIPAL TRANSPORTATION AGENCY
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
CITY AND COUNTY OF SAN FRANCISCO
NOTICE OF MEETING AND CALENDAR
Friday, June 29, 2007
Room 400, City Hall
1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place
SPECIAL MEETING and CLOSED SESSION
MTA BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Rev. Dr. James McCray, Jr., Chairman
Tom Nolan, Vice Chairman
Shirley Breyer Black
Nathaniel P. Ford, Sr.
MUNICIPAL TRANSPORTATION AGENCY
Calendar items (version 6 accessible PDF, unless otherwise noted)
ORDER OF BUSINESS
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Announcement of prohibition of sound producing devices during the meeting.
4. Approval of Minutes
-June 19, 2007 Regular Meeting
6. Introduction of New or Unfinished Business by Board Members
7. Executive Director’s Report (For discussion only)
8. Citizen’s Advisory Council Report
9. Public Comment
Members of the public may address the Board on matters that are within the Board's
jurisdiction and are not on today's calendar.
THE FOLLOWING MATTERS BEFORE THE MUNICIPAL TRANSPORTATION AGENCY BOARD ARE RECOMMENDED FOR ACTION AS STATED BY THE MTA EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR/CEO OR CITY ATTORNEY WHERE APPLICABLE. EXPLANATORY DOCUMENTS FOR ALL CALENDAR ITEMS ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW AT 1 SOUTH VAN NESS AVE. 7th FLOOR.
10. All matters listed hereunder constitute a Consent Calendar, are considered to be routine by the Municipal Transportation Agency Board and will be acted upon by a single vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a member of the Board or the public so requests, in which event the matter shall be removed from the Consent Calendar and considered as a separate item.
(10.1) Requesting the Controller to allot funds and to draw warrants against such funds available or will be available in payment of the following claims against the MTA:
A. Estela Ramos/Allstate Ins. vs. CCSF, Unlitigated Claim FY0732756 filed on 12/18/06 for $23,682.66
(10.2) Approving the following traffic modifications:
A. ESTABLISH - MUNI BUS ZONES - Crescent Avenue, north side, from Putnam Street to 130 feet westerly AND Crescent Avenue, south side, from Putnam Street to 100 feet westerly. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, and resolution.) (Bond Yee)
(10.3) Authorizing the Executive Director/CEO to execute the Second Amendment to the Elevator Maintenance Agreement with ThyssenKrupp Elevator Company for the elevators at the Church & Castro Street Stations, Forest Hill Station, and at the William B. Scott Non-Revenue Maintenance Facility to increase the contract in the amount of $110,000 and extend the contract term for an additional two years. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, and resolution.) (Kenneth McDonald)
(10.4) Authorizing the City of San Francisco Downtown Parking Corporation to extend the operating agreement for the Fifth and Mission Garage with Ampco System Parking on a month-to-month basis, terminating on or before May 31, 2008. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, and resolution.) (Ron Szeto)
11. Authorizing service adjustments on light rail lines J-Church, K-Ingleside, N-Judah and T-Third Street and motor coach line 10-Townsend, and restoring midday and morning peak service between North Beach and the Financial District by initiating trolley coach line 20-Columbus. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and map.) (Kenneth McDonald)
12. Approving and adopting the collective bargaining agreement between the Municipal Transportation Agency and TWU Local 200 to be effective July 1, 2007 through June 30, 2009. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and agreement.) (Diana Buchbinder)
13. Discussion of FY09 Budget and long-range revenue opportunities. (No explanatory documents) (Sonali Bose)
14. Approving and adopting the SFMTA Strategic Plan. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and Strategic Plan.) (Marisa Espinosa)
15. Approving and adopting the FY08 Goals. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and FY08 goals.) (Marisa Espinosa)
16. Approving and adopting the SFMTA’s FY08 Service Standards. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and FY08 goals.) (Jenniffer Hamilton)
17. Presentation of Worker’s Compensation Costs and FY08 Action Plan. (Explanatory documents include a staff report.) (Diana Buchbinder)
18. Presentation of the status of the Paratransit/Lift-Van contract. (Explanatory documents include a powerpoint presentation) (Debra Johnson)
19. Discussion and vote pursuant to Administrative Code Section 67.10(d) as to whether to conduct a closed session and invoke the attorney‑client privilege.
RECESS REGULAR MEETING AND CONVENE CLOSED SESSION
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.9 and the Administrative Code Section 67.8 (a) (3), the Municipal Transportation Agency Board will meet in Closed Session to discuss and take action on attorney‑client matters in the following case:
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
A. Tie Wei Zhou vs. CCSF, Superior ct. #450587 filed on 3/23/06 for $2,250,000
B. James Smith & Cheryll Jones vs. CCSF, Superior Ct. #453242 filed on 6/19/06 for $730,000
C. CCSF vs. Pacific Cement, Superior Ct. #443263 filed on 7/21/05 for $0, complaint dismissal and mutual release.
ADJOURN CLOSED SESSION AND RECONVENE OPEN SESSION
20. Announcement of Closed Session.
21. Motion to disclose or not disclose the information discussed in closed session.
The Ethics Commission of the City and County of San Francisco has asked us to remind individuals and entities that influence or attempt to influence local legislative or administrative action may be required by the San Francisco Lobbyist Ordinance [S.F. Campaign and Governmental Conduct Code section 2.100 et seq.] to register and report lobbying activity. For more information about the Lobbyist Ordinance, please contact the Ethics Commission at 415-581-2300; fax: 415-581-2317; 30 Van Ness Ave., Suite 3900, SF, CA 94102-6027 or the web site: sfgov.org/ethics.
311 Free language assistance / 免費語言協助 / Ayuda gratuita con el idioma / Бесплатная помощь переводчиков / Trợ giúp Thông dịch Miễn phí / Assistance linguistique gratuite / 無料の言語支援 / 무료 언어 지원 / Libreng tulong para sa wikang Tagalog / คว“มช่วยเหลือท“งภ“ษ“โดยไม่เส’ยค่าใช้จ่าย
©2000-2013 San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency. All rights reserved.