SFMTA Board > Parking Authority Commission August 19, 2008, minutes
ORDER OF BUSINESS
1. Call to Order
Vice President Nolan called the meeting to order at 4:53 p.m.
2. Roll Call
3. Announcement of prohibition of sound producing devices during the meeting.
Vice President Nolan announced that the ringing of and use of cell phones, pagers and similar sound-producing electronic devices are prohibited at the meeting. He advised that any person responsible for the ringing or use of a cell phone, pager, or other similar sound-producing electronic devices might be removed from the meeting. He also advised that cell phones that are set on “vibrate” cause microphone interference and requested that they be placed in the “off” position.
4. Approval of Minutes
On motion to approve the minutes of the June 17, 2008 Regular Meeting: unanimously approved.
6. Introduction of New or Unfinished Business by Commissioners
7. Executive Director’s Report (For discussion only)
8. Public Comment
THE FOLLOWING MATTERS BEFORE THE PARKING AUTHORITY COMMISSION ARE RECOMMENDED FOR ACTION AS STATED BY THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR/CEO OR CITY ATTORNEY WHERE APPLICABLE. EXPLANATORY DOCUMENTS FOR ALL CALENDAR ITEMS ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW AT 1 SOUTH VAN NESS AVE. 7th FLOOR.
9. Presentation and Discussion of various programs, projects and services currently administered by the Off-Street Parking Division. (Explanatory documents include a staff report and resolution.) (Amit Kothari)
Amit Kothari, Director, Off-Street Parking presented the report.
James Haas, Civic Center Stakeholder’s Group, commended the SFMTA for professionalizing the division. The Civic Center Plaza hasn’t changed in 50 years and needs rebuilding. We should have a process for improvement. The money for improvements will have to come from garage revenues. Mr. Haas expressed concern that the SFMTA is not sympathetic to building out the Performing Arts Garage.
10. Authorizing the Executive Director/CEO to advertise a Request for Proposals for advertising on Parking Authority Commission property. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and RFP.) (Sonali Bose)
No public comment.
On motion to approve:
ADOPTED: AYES – Beach, Black, Heinicke, Lee, McCray, Nolan, and Oka
ADJOURN – The meeting was adjourned at 5:35 p.m.
A tape of the meeting is on file in the office of the Secretary to the Parking Authority Commission.
311 Free language assistance / 免費語言協助 / Ayuda gratuita con el idioma / Бесплатная помощь переводчиков / Trợ giúp Thông dịch Miễn phí / Assistance linguistique gratuite / 無料の言語支援 / 무료 언어 지원 / Libreng tulong para sa wikang Tagalog / คว“มช่วยเหลือท“งภ“ษ“โดยไม่เส’ยค่าใช้จ่าย
©2000-2013 San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency. All rights reserved.