SFMTA Board > Parking Authority Commission Feb. 17, 2009, minutes
ORDER OF BUSINESS
1. Call to Order
President Nolan called the meeting to order at 2:35 p.m.
2. Roll Call
3. Announcement of prohibition of sound producing devices during the meeting.
President Nolan announced that the ringing of and use of cell phones, pagers and similar sound-producing electronic devices are prohibited at the meeting. He advised that any person responsible for the ringing or use of a cell phone, pager, or other similar sound-producing electronic devices might be removed from the meeting. He also advised that cell phones that are set on “vibrate” cause microphone interference and requested that they be placed in the “off” position.
4. Approval of Minutes
On motion to approve the minutes of the November 18, 2008 Regular meeting: unanimously approved (Beach, Black and Heinicke – absent).
Board Secretary Boomer stated that Item 9 regarding award of the advertising contract had been removed from the agenda.
6. Introduction of New or Unfinished Business by Commissioners
7. Executive Director’s Report (For discussion only)
8. Public Comment
THE FOLLOWING MATTERS BEFORE THE PARKING AUTHORITY COMMISSION ARE RECOMMENDED FOR ACTION AS STATED BY THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR/CEO OR CITY ATTORNEY WHERE APPLICABLE. EXPLANATORY DOCUMENTS FOR ALL CALENDAR ITEMS ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW AT 1 SOUTH VAN NESS AVE. 7th FLOOR.
9. Authorizing the Executive Director/CEO to execute Contract SFMTA 2008/09-08, Agreement for Advertising on SFMTA Vehicles and Other Property, with Titan Outdoor including a 10-year term, plus two five-year options to extend the Agreement, and required minimum annual guarantee, administrative and other payments to the SFMTA. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and contract.) (Sonali Bose)
Item 9 was removed from the agenda.
10. Discussion and vote pursuant to Administrative Code Section 67.10(d) as to whether to conduct a closed session and invoke the attorney‑client privilege.
On motion to invoke the attorney-client privilege: unanimously approved (Beach, Black and Heinicke-absent).
RECESS REGULAR MEETING AND CONVENE CLOSED SESSION
1. Call to Order
President Nolan called the closed session to order at 2:36 p.m.
2. Roll Call
3. Pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.9 and the Administrative Code Section 67.8 (a) (3), the Parking Authority Commission will meet in Closed Session to discuss and take action on attorney‑client matters in the following case:
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
DAJA International vs. CCSF, Unlitigated Claim, filed on 4/9/08 for $187,500
On motion to approve:
AYES – Lee, McCray, Nolan and Oka
ABSENT – Beach, Black and Heinicke
ADJOURN CLOSED SESSION AND RECONVENE OPEN SESSION - The closed session was adjourned at 2:40 p.m.
11. Announcement of Closed Session.
President Nolan announced that the Commission met in closed session to discuss DAJA vs. CCSF with the City Attorney. The Commission voted unanimously to settle the case (Beach, Black, and Heinicke-absent).
12. Motion to disclose or not disclose the information discussed in closed session.
On motion to not disclose the information discussed: unanimously approved (Beach, Black, and Heinicke-absent).
ADJOURN - The meeting was adjourned at 2:41 p.m.
A tape of the meeting is on file in the office of the Secretary to the Parking Authority Commission.
The Ethics Commission of the City and County of San Francisco has asked us to remind individuals and entities that influence or attempt to influence local legislative or administrative action may be required by the San Francisco Lobbyist Ordinance [S.F. Campaign and Governmental Conduct Code section 2.100 et seq.] to register and report lobbying activity. For more information about the Lobbyist Ordinance, please contact the Ethics Commission at 415-581-2300; fax: 415-581-2317; 25 Van Ness Ave., Suite 220,, SF, CA 94102-6027 or the web site: sfgov.org/ethics.
311 Free language assistance / 免費語言協助 / Ayuda gratuita con el idioma / Бесплатная помощь переводчиков / Trợ giúp Thông dịch Miễn phí / Assistance linguistique gratuite / 無料の言語支援 / 무료 언어 지원 / Libreng tulong para sa wikang Tagalog / คว“มช่วยเหลือท“งภ“ษ“โดยไม่เส’ยค่าใช้จ่าย
©2000-2013 San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency. All rights reserved.