SFMTA Board > Parking Authority Commission October 2, 2007, minutes
ORDER OF BUSINESS
1. Call to Order
President McCray called the meeting to order at 4:02 p.m.
2. Roll Call
3. Announcement of prohibition of sound producing devices during the meeting.
President McCray announced that the ringing of and use of cell phones, pagers and similar sound-producing electronic devices are prohibited at the meeting. He advised that any person responsible for the ringing or use of a cell phone, pager, or other similar sound-producing electronic devices might be removed from the meeting. He also advised that cell phones that are set on “vibrate” cause microphone interference and requested that they be placed in the “off” position.
4. Approval of Minutes
On motion to approve the minutes of the September 18, 2007 Regular Meeting: unanimously approved (Beach, Black – absent.)
6. Introduction of New or Unfinished Business by Commissioners
7. Director’s Report (For discussion only)
8. Public Comment
THE FOLLOWING MATTERS BEFORE THE PARKING AUTHORITY COMMISSION ARE RECOMMENDED FOR ACTION AS STATED BY THE PARKING AUTHORITY DIRECTOR OR CITY ATTORNEY WHERE APPLICABLE. EXPLANATORY DOCUMENTS FOR ALL CALENDAR ITEMS ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW AT 1 SOUTH VAN NESS AVE. 7th FLOOR.
9. Presentation and Discussion regarding the progress made on the issues identified by the Chance Report. (Explanatory documents include a staff report.) (Sonali Bose)
Sonali Bose, Chief Financial Officer, presented the report.
President McCray requested that staff provide a complete inventory of all contractual agreements and leases that exist at public garages.
Commissioner Din requested a list of ongoing demonstration projects including the start and end time and a synopsis of each project.
No public comment.
10. Discussion and vote pursuant to Administrative Code Section 67.10(d) as to whether to conduct a closed session and invoke the attorney‑client privilege.
On motion to invoke the attorney-client privilege: unanimously approved (Beach, Black - absent.)
RECESS REGULAR MEETING AND CONVENE CLOSED SESSION
1. Call to Order
President McCray called the closed session to order at 4:19 p.m.
2. Roll Call
3. Pursuant to Government Code Sections 54956.9, and Administrative Code Section 67.8 (a) (3) the Municipal Transportation Agency Board will meet in closed session to discuss attorney‑client matters in the following case:
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
___X___ As defendant _____ As plaintiff
4. Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957 (b) and Administrative Code Section 67.10 (b), the Parking Authority Commission will meet in closed session to discuss:
PUBLIC EMPLOYEE DISMISSAL
Acting Director, Parking Authority Commission Ronald Szeto
On motion to dismiss Ron Szeto from the position of acting Director, Parking Authority Commission, effective Friday, October 5, 2007 at 5:00 p.m.:
ADOPTED: AYES –Din, McCray, Mezey, Nolan and Shahum
ABSENT – Beach and Black
ADJOURN CLOSED SESSION AND RECONVENE OPEN SESSION - The closed session was adjourned at 4:55 p.m.
11. Announcement of Closed Session.
President McCray announced that the Commission met in closed session to discuss anticipated litigation with the City Attorney. The Commission took no action with regard to anticipated litigation. The Commission also met in closed session to discuss public employee dismissal. The Commission voted unanimously to dismiss Ron Szeto from the position of Acting Director of the San Francisco Parking Authority (Beach, Black – absent.)
12. Motion to disclose or not disclose the information discussed in closed session.
On motion to not disclose the information discussed: unanimously approved (Beach, Black - absent.)
ADJOURN - The meeting was adjourned at 6:14 p.m.
A tape of the meeting is on file in the office of the Secretary to the Parking Authority Commission.
The Ethics Commission of the City and County of San Francisco has asked us to remind individuals and entities that influence or attempt to influence local legislative or administrative action may be required by the San Francisco Lobbyist Ordinance [S.F. Campaign and Governmental Conduct Code section 2.100 et seq.] to register and report lobbying activity. For more information about the Lobbyist Ordinance, please contact the Ethics Commission at 415-581-2300; fax: 415-581-2317; 30 Van Ness Ave., Suite 3900, SF, CA 94102-6027 or the web site: sfgov.org/ethics.
311 Free language assistance / 免費語言協助 / Ayuda gratuita con el idioma / Бесплатная помощь переводчиков / Trợ giúp Thông dịch Miễn phí / Assistance linguistique gratuite / 無料の言語支援 / 무료 언어 지원 / Libreng tulong para sa wikang Tagalog / คว“มช่วยเหลือท“งภ“ษ“โดยไม่เส’ยค่าใช้จ่าย
©2000-2013 San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency. All rights reserved.