SFMTA Board > Aug. 11, 2009, minutes
REGULAR MEETING AND CLOSED SESSION
Nathaniel P. Ford, Sr.
ORDER OF BUSINESS
1. Call to Order
The meeting was called to order by Chairman Beach at 9:04 a.m.
2. Roll Call
3. Approval of Minutes
On motion to approve the minutes of the June 10, 2009 Regular Meeting: unanimously approved.
4. Executive Director’s Report
5. Public Comment
6. Discussion of upcoming SFMTA Board/Parking Authority Commission items. (No explanatory documents.)
This item was removed from the agenda and was not discussed. No public comment.
Julie Kirschbaum, Manager, Transit Effectiveness Project reviewed the parking changes that will support the Fall 2009 Muni service changes.
Chairman Beach asked staff to review with the SFMTA Board the final plan for service modifications that was part of the FY10 budget approved by the Board of Supervisors.
No public comment.
Amit Kothari, director, Off-Street Parking reviewed the RFP for the PARC system.
Exec. Director/CEO Ford stated that staff would provide a report to the Board on the status of the Translink project as well as an update on SFMTA efforts to reduce fare evasion.
No public comment.
7. Discussion regarding the operation of the SFMTA Board of Directors/Parking Authority Commission.
Julia Friedlander, deputy city attorney, reviewed the status of claims delegation.
No public comment.
8. Discussion and vote pursuant to Administrative Code Section 67.10(d) as to whether to conduct a closed session and invoke the attorney‑client privilege.
On motion to invoke the attorney-client privilege: unanimously approved.
RECESS SPECIAL MEETING AND CONVENE CLOSED SESSION
9. Call to Order
Chairman Beach called the closed session to order at 9:50 a.m.
10. Roll Call
Also present: Nathaniel Ford, executive director/CEO
11. Pursuant to Government Code Sections 54956.9, and Administrative Code Section 67.8 (a) (3) the Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors will meet in closed session to discuss attorney‑client matters in the following case:
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
__X__ As defendant _____ As plaintiff
ADJOURN CLOSED SESSION AND RECONVENE OPEN SESSION - The closed session was adjourned at 10:09 a.m.
12. Announcement of Closed Session.
Chairman Beach announced that the Policy and Governance Committee met in closed session to discuss anticipated litigation with the City Attorney. The committee took no action.
13. Motion to disclose or not disclose the information discussed in closed session.
On motion to not disclose the information discussed: unanimously approved.
ADJOURN – The meeting adjourned at 10:10 a.m.
A tape of the closed session is on file in the office of the Secretary to the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors.
The Ethics Commission of the City and County of San Francisco has asked us to remind individuals and entities that influence or attempt to influence local legislative or administrative action may be required by the San Francisco Lobbyist Ordinance [S.F. Campaign and Governmental Conduct Code section 2.100 et seq.] to register and report lobbying activity. For more information about the Lobbyist Ordinance, please contact the Ethics Commission at 415-581-2300; fax: 415-581-2317; 25 Van Ness Ave., Suite 220,, SF, CA 94102-6027 or the web site: sfgov.org/ethics.
311 Free language assistance / 免費語言協助 / Ayuda gratuita con el idioma / Бесплатная помощь переводчиков / Trợ giúp Thông dịch Miễn phí / Assistance linguistique gratuite / 無料の言語支援 / 무료 언어 지원 / Libreng tulong para sa wikang Tagalog / คว“มช่วยเหลือท“งภ“ษ“โดยไม่เส’ยค่าใช้จ่าย
©2000-2013 San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency. All rights reserved.