SFMTA Board > April 1, 2008, agenda
NOTICE OF MEETING AND CALENDAR
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
REGULAR MEETING AND CLOSED SESSION
SFMTA BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Rev. Dr. James McCray, Jr., Chairman
Nathaniel P. Ford, Sr.
ORDER OF BUSINESS
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Announcement of prohibition of sound producing devices during the meeting.
4. Approval of Minutes
6. Introduction of New or Unfinished Business by Board Members
7. Executive Director’s Report (For discussion only)
8. Citizen’s Advisory Council Report
9. Public Comment
Members of the public may address the Board on matters that are within the Board's jurisdiction and are not on today's calendar.
THE FOLLOWING MATTERS BEFORE THE SAN FRANCISCO MUNICIPAL TRANSPORTATION AGENCY BOARD OF DIRECTORS ARE RECOMMENDED FOR ACTION AS STATED BY THE SFMTA EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR/CEO OR CITY ATTORNEY WHERE APPLICABLE. EXPLANATORY DOCUMENTS FOR ALL CALENDAR ITEMS ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW AT 1 SOUTH VAN NESS AVE. 7th FLOOR.
10. All matters listed hereunder constitute a Consent Calendar, are considered to be routine by the Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors and will be acted upon by a single vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a member of the Board of Directors or the public so requests, in which event the matter shall be removed from the Consent Calendar and considered as a separate item.
(10.1) Requesting the Controller to allot funds and to draw warrants against such funds available or will be available in payment of the following claims against the SFMTA:
(10.2) Approving the following traffic modifications:
(10.3) Authorizing the Executive Director/CEO to accept and expend $187,600 of Regional Measure Two operating funds for Owl Bus Service on the BART corridor for Fiscal Year 2008. (Explanatory documents include a staff report and resolution.) (Sonali Bose)
(10.4) Authorizing the Purchaser to utilize the competitive procurement of the State of California to purchase 24 Type II diesel vans and five Type III diesel vans from BusWest, and five gasoline minivans from El Dorado Bus Sales, Inc./Creative Bus Sales, for a total amount not to exceed $2,217,000. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and financial plan.) (Carter Rohan)
(10.5) Authorizing the Executive Director/CEO to approve the award of Department of Public Works Contract No. 0985J: Contract 32 Traffic Signal Modifications, to Bay Area Lightworks to modify traffic signals at 22 designated intersections for a total contract amount not to exceed $1,209,268.68. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and financial plan.) (Bond Yee)
(10.6) Authorizing the Executive Director/CEO to execute Contract Amendment No. 3 to the SFgo Initial Phase Agreement for Professional Services and Software License with Telvent Farradyne to expand the scope and value of the contract by developing and installing various enhancements to SFgo’s central system software, for an amount not to exceed $80,877, for a total contract amount not to exceed $1,129,838. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and contract.) (Bond Yee)
(10.7) Authorizing the Executive Director/CEO to execute the First Amendment to Memorandum of Understanding M-14396 with the Port of San Francisco for the storage of additional reserve fleet buses at Pier 7 for 45,330 square feet at a total annual cost of $380,772. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and MOU) (Sonali Bose)
(10.8) Authorizing the Executive Director/CEO to authorize the Department of Public Works to issue a bid call for Department of Public Works Contract No. 1458J: Contract 59 New Traffic Signals to install new traffic signals at nine intersections. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and financial plan.) (Bond Yee)
(10.9) Approving the plans and specifications and authorizing bid call for Contract No.1231, Woods Motor Coach Facility – Vehicle Lifts Replacement Phase I Project. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and financial plan.) (Carter Rohan)
(10.10) Authorizing the Executive Director/CEO to increase the commission from $.25 per unit of transportation payment media sold to $.50 per unit sold. (Explanatory documents include a staff report and resolution.) (Sonali Bose)
11. Presentation and discussion regarding the SFMTA’s FY09 and FY10 operating budgets. (Explanatory documents include a staff report.) (Sonali Bose)
12. Public Hearing to consider possible changes to rates, fares, charges, fines, fees, taxes and assessments. (No explanatory documents.) (Sonali Bose)
13. Supporting Caltrans’ recommendation to lower the speed limit on 19th Avenue between Eucalyptus Drive and Martin Luther King Jr Drive in Golden Gate Park from 35 MPH to 30 MPH. (Explanatory documents include a staff report and resolution.) (Bond Yee)
14. Presentation and discussion of the FY2009-2013 Capital Investment Plan and the annual appropriations of the FY09 and FY10 Capital Improvement Budgets. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, capital plan and budgets.) (Carter Rohan)
15. Discussion and vote pursuant to Administrative Code Section 67.10(d) as to whether to conduct a closed session and invoke the attorney‑client privilege.
RECESS REGULAR MEETING AND CONVENE CLOSED SESSION
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.9 and the Administrative Code Section 67.8 (a) (3), the Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors will meet in Closed Session to discuss attorney‑client matters in the following case:
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
ADJOURN CLOSED SESSION AND RECONVENE OPEN SESSION
16. Announcement of Closed Session.
17. Motion to disclose or not disclose the information discussed in closed session.
The Ethics Commission of the City and County of San Francisco has asked us to remind individuals and entities that influence or attempt to influence local legislative or administrative action may be required by the San Francisco Lobbyist Ordinance [S.F. Campaign and Governmental Conduct Code section 2.100 et seq.] to register and report lobbying activity. For more information about the Lobbyist Ordinance, please contact the Ethics Commission at 415-581-2300; fax: 415-581-2317; 30 Van Ness Ave., Suite 3900, SF, CA 94102-6027 or the web site: sfgov.org/ethics.
311 Free language assistance / 免費語言協助 / Ayuda gratuita con el idioma / Бесплатная помощь переводчиков / Trợ giúp Thông dịch Miễn phí / Assistance linguistique gratuite / 無料の言語支援 / 무료 언어 지원 / Libreng tulong para sa wikang Tagalog / คว“มช่วยเหลือท“งภ“ษ“โดยไม่เส’ยค่าใช้จ่าย
©2000-2013 San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency. All rights reserved.