SFMTA Board > April 21, 2009, agenda
NOTICE OF MEETING AND CALENDAR
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
REGULAR MEETING AND CLOSED SESSION
SFMTA BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Tom Nolan, Chairman
Nathaniel P. Ford, Sr.
ORDER OF BUSINESS
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Announcement of prohibition of sound producing devices during the meeting.
4. Approval of Minutes
6. Introduction of New or Unfinished Business by Board Members
7. Executive Director’s Report (For discussion only)
8. Citizen’s Advisory Council Report
9. Public Comment
Members of the public may address the SFMTA Board of Directors on matters that are within the Board's jurisdiction and are not on today's calendar.
THE FOLLOWING MATTERS BEFORE THE SAN FRANCISCO MUNICIPAL TRANSPORTATION AGENCY BOARD OF DIRECTORS ARE RECOMMENDED FOR ACTION AS STATED BY THE SFMTA EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR/CEO OR CITY ATTORNEY WHERE APPLICABLE. EXPLANATORY DOCUMENTS FOR ALL CALENDAR ITEMS ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW AT 1 SOUTH VAN NESS AVE. 7th FLOOR.
10. All matters listed hereunder constitute a Consent Calendar, are considered to be routine by the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors and will be acted upon by a single vote. There will be no separate discussion of the items unless a member of the Board of Directors or the public so requests, in which event the matter shall be removed from the Consent Calendar and considered as a separate item.
(10.1) Requesting the Controller to allot funds and to draw warrants against such funds available or will be available in payment of the following claims against the SFMTA:
(10.2) Approving the following traffic modifications:
(10.3) Authorizing the Executive Director/CEO to apply for, accept and expend FY2008-2009 Proposition 1B California Transit Security Grant Program funds in an amount not to exceed $7,070,567, plus any subsequent interest earned. (Explanatory documents include a staff report and resolution.) (Sonali Bose)
(10.4) Authorizing the Executive Director/CEO to execute an agreement with the San Francisco County Transportation Authority to provide assistance in conducting the Eastern Neighborhoods Transportation Implementation Planning Study for a contract amount not to exceed $199,470 and term not to exceed 30 months. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and contract.) (Carter Rohan)
(10.5) Authorizing the Department of Public Works to issue a bid call for DPW Contract No. 1577J: Accessible Pedestrian Signals (APS) – Phase 2 to install APS signals at 29 locations throughout San Francisco. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and financial plan.) (Bond Yee)
(10.6) Authorizing the Executive Director/CEO to execute the framework master agreement Contract No. 1226, Advanced Train Control System Improvement Services and Equipment Purchases Agreement, with Thales Transport & Security for an amount not to exceed $30,000,000 and an initial term of five years with an option to extend the contract for an additional three years. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and contract.) (Carter Rohan)
(10.7) Accepting the work performed under Contract No. MR-1034R, Procurement and Installation of an Advanced Train Control System with Thales Transport & Security as having been completed in accordance with plans and specifications and approving the closeout of the contract. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and financial plan.) (Carter Rohan)
At 5:00 p.m., the Board of Directors will take a 30 minute recess and will reconvene the meeting at 5:30 p.m.
11. Public hearing to discuss the proposed operating Budget Amendment for FY2010 including increases to fares, fees, fines, rates and charges as well as transit service reductions and other expenditure reductions. (Explanatory documents include a staff report and exhibits) (Sonali Bose)
12. Declaring a fiscal emergency caused by the failure of agency revenues to adequately fund agency programs, facilities and operations pursuant to California Public Resources Code section 21080.32 and California Environmental Quality Act implanting guidelines. (Explanatory documents include a staff report and resolution.) (Sonali Bose)
13. Approving a methodology for indexing charges by using a formula incorporating labor charges and the Bay Area Consumer Price Index to be applied to transit fares, parking citation fines, parking garage rates and other relevant charges beginning Fiscal Year 2011. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and plan.) (Sonali Bose)
Item 13 was continued from the April 7, 2009 meeting.
14. Adopting criteria establishing the type of information which would be sufficient to warrant an investigation into the illegal operation of a taxi business or vehicle, and establishing a fine in the amount of $5,000 for each violation. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and Government Code.) (Christiane Hayashi)
Item 14 was continued from the April 7, 2009 meeting.
15. Approving requested changes of Color Scheme affiliation from the following medallion holders:
(Explanatory documents include a staff report and resolution.) (Christiane Hayashi)
16. Discussion and vote pursuant to Administrative Code Section 67.10(d) as to whether to conduct a closed session and invoke the attorney‑client privilege.
RECESS REGULAR MEETING AND CONVENE CLOSED SESSION
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Pursuant to Government Code Sections 54956.9, and Administrative Code Section 67.8 (a) (3) the Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors will meet in closed session to attorney‑client matters in the following case:
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
__X__ As defendant or __X__ As plaintiff
4. Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6(a) and Administrative Code Section 67.8, the Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors shall meet in closed session for:
CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATOR
CCSF Representative: Debra Johnson and/or her designees
Automotive Machinists Local 1414; SEIU Local 1021; TWU, Local 250-A; and Municipal Executives’ Association
_X__ Working Conditions
ADJOURN CLOSED SESSION AND RECONVENE OPEN SESSION
17. Announcement of Closed Session.
18. Motion to disclose or not disclose the information discussed in closed session.
The Ethics Commission of the City and County of San Francisco has asked us to remind individuals and entities that influence or attempt to influence local legislative or administrative action may be required by the San Francisco Lobbyist Ordinance [S.F. Campaign and Governmental Conduct Code section 2.100 et seq.] to register and report lobbying activity. For more information about the Lobbyist Ordinance, please contact the Ethics Commission at 415-581-2300; fax: 415-581-2317; 25 Van Ness Ave., Suite 220, SF, CA 94102-6027 or the web site: sfgov.org/ethics.
311 Free language assistance / 免費語言協助 / Ayuda gratuita con el idioma / Бесплатная помощь переводчиков / Trợ giúp Thông dịch Miễn phí / Assistance linguistique gratuite / 無料の言語支援 / 무료 언어 지원 / Libreng tulong para sa wikang Tagalog / คว“มช่วยเหลือท“งภ“ษ“โดยไม่เส’ยค่าใช้จ่าย
©2000-2013 San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency. All rights reserved.