SFMTA Board > August 19, 2008, agenda
NOTICE OF MEETING AND CALENDAR
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
REGULAR MEETING AND CLOSED SESSION
SFMTA BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Rev. Dr. James McCray, Jr., Chairman
Nathaniel P. Ford, Sr.
Sunshine TWU Local 250-A Contract:
ORDER OF BUSINESS
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Announcement of prohibition of sound producing devices during the meeting.
4. Approval of Minutes
6. Introduction of New or Unfinished Business by Board Members
7. Executive Director’s Report (For discussion only)
8. Citizen’s Advisory Council Report
9. Public Comment
Members of the public may address the Board on matters that are within the Board's jurisdiction and are not on today's calendar.
THE FOLLOWING MATTERS BEFORE THE SAN FRANCISCO MUNICIPAL TRANSPORTATION AGENCY BOARD OF DIRECTORS ARE RECOMMENDED FOR ACTION AS STATED BY THE SFMTA EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR/CEO OR CITY ATTORNEY WHERE APPLICABLE. EXPLANATORY DOCUMENTS FOR ALL CALENDAR ITEMS ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW AT 1 SOUTH VAN NESS AVE. 7th FLOOR.
10. All matters listed hereunder constitute a Consent Calendar, are considered to be routine by the Municipal Transportation Agency Board and will be acted upon by a single vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a member of the Board or the public so requests, in which event the matter shall be removed from the Consent Calendar and considered as a separate item.
(10.1) Requesting the Controller to allot funds and to draw warrants against such funds available or will be available in payment of the following claims against the SFMTA:
(10.2) Approving the following traffic modifications:
(10.3) Authorizing the Executive Director/CEO to accept and expend $200,000 in FTA New Freedom assistance for its NextMuni Audible Arrival Time Push-to-Talk project. (Explanatory documents include a staff report and resolution.) (Sonali Bose)
(10.4) Authorizing the Executive Director/CEO to execute Contract Amendment No. 6 to Contract No. MR-1034R, Advanced Train Control System Project, with Thales Rail Signalling Solutions, to extend the Contract Term for six months, from September 6, 2008 to March 6, 2009
(Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and financial plan.) (Carter Rohan)
(10.5) Approving the Japan Center Garage Corporation’s revised Fiscal Years 2009 and 2010 Operating Budget for the Japan Center Garages. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and budget.) (Amit Kothari)
11. Authorizing the Executive Director to execute a Senior and Disabled Transit Fare Pilot Program Agreement with BART. (Explanatory documents include a staff report and resolution.) (Debra Johnson)
12. Presentation and Discussion of Homeland Security Initiatives. (No explanatory documents) (Antonio Parra)
13. Authorizing the Executive Director/CEO to advertise a Request for Proposals for advertising on SFMTA property. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and RFP.) (Sonali Bose)
14. Adopting the Central Subway Project Alternative 3B, Fourth/Stockton Alignment as the Locally Preferred Alternative and adopting the CEQA findings, Statement of Overriding Consideration and Mitigation Monitoring and Reporting Plan for the Supplemental Environmental Impact Report. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and findings.) (Carter Rohan)
15. Approving the motor coach substitution fee applicable to Temporary Use of Streets for Street Fairs per Division I, Section 9.6 of the Transportation Code for FY 2009 at $10 per hour, for FY 2010 at $15 per hour and for FY 2011 at $20 per hour. (Explanatory documents include a staff report and resolution.) (Sonali Bose)
16. Adopting the amended Transportation Code Division II in its entirety to supersede the Transportation Code, Division II to: add a definition of “Traffic Code”, correct fine amounts and section number references, add fines that had not been previously established, consolidate violations with a single fine amount, renumber Division I, Article 10 section numbers, validate citations referencing former Traffic Code sections, conform fines for blocking bike lanes to the amount previously approved, increase fines for blue zone parking violations, correct transcription errors in fine amounts; clarify that parking meter rate setting is subject to all applicable laws; add permit transfer fees, and delete Section 1008. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and code.) (Sonali Bose)
17. Discussion and vote pursuant to Administrative Code Section 67.10(d) as to whether to conduct a closed session and invoke the attorney‑client privilege.
RECESS REGULAR MEETING AND CONVENE CLOSED SESSION
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.9 and the Administrative Code Section 67.8 (a) (3), the Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors will meet in Closed Session to discuss and take action on attorney‑client matters in the following case:
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
4. Pursuant to Government Code Sections 54956.9, and Administrative Code Section 67.8 (a) (3) the Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors will meet in closed session to discuss attorney‑client matters in the following case:
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
__X__ As defendant or __X__ As plaintiff
ADJOURN CLOSED SESSION AND RECONVENE OPEN SESSION
18. Announcement of Closed Session.
19. Motion to disclose or not disclose the information discussed in closed session.
311 Free language assistance / 免費語言協助 / Ayuda gratuita con el idioma / Бесплатная помощь переводчиков / Trợ giúp Thông dịch Miễn phí / Assistance linguistique gratuite / 無料の言語支援 / 무료 언어 지원 / Libreng tulong para sa wikang Tagalog / คว“มช่วยเหลือท“งภ“ษ“โดยไม่เส’ยค่าใช้จ่าย
©2000-2013 San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency. All rights reserved.