SFMTA Board > Dec. 1, 2009, agenda
NOTICE OF MEETING AND CALENDAR
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
REGULAR MEETING AND CLOSED SESSION
SFMTA BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Tom Nolan, Chairman
Nathaniel P. Ford, Sr.
ORDER OF BUSINESS
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Announcement of prohibition of sound producing devices during the meeting.
4. Approval of Minutes
6. Introduction of New or Unfinished Business by Board Members
7. Executive Director’s Report (For discussion only)
8. Citizens’ Advisory Council Report
9. Public Comment
Members of the public may address the SFMTA Board of Directors on matters that are within the Board's jurisdiction and are not on today's calendar.
THE FOLLOWING MATTERS BEFORE THE SAN FRANCISCO MUNICIPAL TRANSPORTATION AGENCY BOARD OF DIRECTORS ARE RECOMMENDED FOR ACTION AS STATED BY THE SFMTA EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR/CEO OR CITY ATTORNEY WHERE APPLICABLE. EXPLANATORY DOCUMENTS FOR ALL CALENDAR ITEMS ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW AT 1 SOUTH VAN NESS AVE. 7th FLOOR.
10. All matters listed hereunder constitute a Consent Calendar, are considered to be routine by the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors and will be acted upon by a single vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a member of the Board of Directors or the public so requests, in which event the matter shall be removed from the Consent Calendar and considered as a separate item.
(10.1) Authorizing the Executive Director/CEO to execute Contract No. 1235, Saint Francis Circle Rail Replacement Project, to NTK Construction in the amount of $8,939,414 and a term of 270 calendar days. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and financial plan.) (Carter Rohan)
(10.2) Authorizing the Department of Public Works to award DPW Contract No. 1519J: Inner Sunset Traffic Calming and Transit Enhancements Project, to Ghilotti Bros for a total contract amount not to exceed $234,149. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and financial plan.) (Bond Yee)
(10.3) Authorizing the Department of Public Works to execute Change Orders Nos. 5 and 6 to DPW Contract No. 0985J, Traffic Signal Modification Contract 32, for an amount not to exceed $93,210.59 and for a total contract amount of $1,361,215.90. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and financial plan.) (Bond Yee)
11. Presentation and Discussion of the 2006-2008 Transportation Quality Review. (Explanatory documents include a staff report and review.) (Travis Fox)
12. Presentation and Discussion of the FY10 1Q Service Standards. (Explanatory documents include a report.) (Travis Fox)
13. Approving proposed increase to fines and penalties for various disabled parking violations and amending Transportation Code, Division II, Section 303 to reflect the increased fines and penalties which will take effect January 1, 2010. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution, amendments and fact sheet.) (Sonali Bose)
14. Approving and adopting amendments to Article 1100 of Division II of the Transportation Code, regulating Motor Vehicles for Hire that will create efficient discovery procedures for administrative adjudications; improve safety for the public and for taxi drivers; continue to refine, improve, consolidate, clarify and update regulations governing Motor Vehicles for Hire; and make review of taximeter rates a regularly scheduled hearing. . (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and amendments.) (Debra Johnson)
15. Authorizing the Executive Director/CEO to execute Contract No. SFMTA 2009/09-54, Paratransit Broker Agreement, with Veolia Transportation for paratransit broker services in an amount not to exceed $118,599,710, for a five-year term ending June 30, 2015, with an optional five-year extension. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and contract.) (Debra Johnson)
16. Authorizing the Executive Director/CEO to execute Contract CS-155-2, Architectural and Engineering services for the Final Design and Construction of the Central Subway Project – Station Design, with Central Subway Design Group, a joint venture between Parsons Brinkerhoff and Michael Willis Architecture and Kwan Hemni Architecture for an amount not to exceed $39,949,959 and for a term not to exceed ten years, with an option to extend the term for an additional two years. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution, financial plan and contract.) (Carter Rohan)
17. Discussion and vote pursuant to Administrative Code Section 67.10(d) as to whether to conduct a closed session and invoke the attorney‑client privilege.
RECESS REGULAR MEETING AND CONVENE CLOSED SESSION
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.9 and the Administrative Code Section 67.8 (a) (3), the Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors will meet in Closed Session to discuss and take action on attorney‑client matters in the following case:
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
A. Manuel Terra vs. CCSF, Superior Ct. #8482672 filed on 12/8/08 for $125,000
4. Pursuant to Government Code Sections 54956.9, and Administrative Code Section 67.8 (a) (3) the Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors will meet in closed session to discuss attorney‑client matters in the following case:
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
__X__ As defendant or __X__ As plaintiff
ADJOURN CLOSED SESSION AND RECONVENE OPEN SESSION
18. Announcement of Closed Session.
19. Motion to disclose or not disclose the information discussed in closed session.
The Ethics Commission of the City and County of San Francisco has asked us to remind individuals and entities that influence or attempt to influence local legislative or administrative action may be required by the San Francisco Lobbyist Ordinance [S.F. Campaign and Governmental Conduct Code section 2.100 et seq.] to register and report lobbying activity. For more information about the Lobbyist Ordinance, please contact the Ethics Commission at 415-581-2300; fax: 415-581-2317; 25 Van Ness Ave., Suite 220, SF, CA 94102-6027 or the web site: sfgov.org/ethics.
311 Free language assistance / 免費語言協助 / Ayuda gratuita con el idioma / Бесплатная помощь переводчиков / Trợ giúp Thông dịch Miễn phí / Assistance linguistique gratuite / 無料の言語支援 / 무료 언어 지원 / Libreng tulong para sa wikang Tagalog / คว“มช่วยเหลือท“งภ“ษ“โดยไม่เส’ยค่าใช้จ่าย
©2000-2013 San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency. All rights reserved.