MUNICIPAL TRANSPORTATION AGENCY
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
NOTICE OF SPECIAL MEETING AND CALENDAR
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
One South Van Ness, 2nd Floor
Atrium Conference Room
SPECIAL MEETING AND CLOSED SESSION
SFMTA BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Tom Nolan, Chairman
Jerry Lee, Vice Chairman
Nathaniel P. Ford, Sr.
Accessible meeting policy - One South Van Ness Avenue
Additional items to be posted
ORDER OF BUSINESS
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Announcement of prohibition of sound producing devices during the meeting.
5. Introduction of New or Unfinished Business by Board Members
6. Executive Director’s Report (For discussion only)
7. Citizens’ Advisory Council Report
8. Public Comment
Members of the public may address the SFMTA Board of Directors on matters that are within the Board's jurisdiction and are not on today's calendar.
THE FOLLOWING MATTERS BEFORE THE SAN FRANCISCO MUNICIPAL TRANSPORTATION AGENCY BOARD OF DIRECTORS ARE RECOMMENDED FOR ACTION AS STATED BY THE SFMTA EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR/CEO OR CITY ATTORNEY WHERE APPLICABLE. EXPLANATORY DOCUMENTS FOR ALL CALENDAR ITEMS ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW AT 1 SOUTH VAN NESS AVE. 7th FLOOR.
9. Presentation and discussion regarding the SFMTA’s Strategic Plan. (Explanatory documents include a slide presentation.) (Bond Yee)
10. Presentation and discussion regarding the SFMTA’s year-end financial audit. (Required Prop A training.) (Explanatory documents include a slide presentation.) (Sonali Bose)
11. Presentation and discussion regarding long range financial plan, revenue options, bonding and debt policy. (Required Prop A training.) (Explanatory documents include reports and slide presentations.) (Sonali Bose)
12. Presentation and discussion regarding public meeting laws. (Required Prop A training.) (Explanatory documents include a slide presentation.) (Julia Friedlander)
13. Presentation and discussion regarding the Transit Effectiveness Program. (Explanatory documents include a slide presentation.) (John Haley)
14. Presentation and discussion regarding pedestrian safety. (Explanatory documents include a slide presentation.) (Bond Yee)
15. Discussion and vote pursuant to Administrative Code Section 67.10(d) as to whether to conduct a closed session and invoke the attorney‑client privilege.
RECESS SPECIAL MEETING AND CONVENE CLOSED SESSION
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Pursuant to Government Code Sections 54956.9, and Administrative Code Section 67.8 (a)(3) the Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors will meet in closed session to discuss attorney‑client matters in the following case:
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
__X__ As defendant or __X__ As plaintiff
4. Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6(a) and Administrative Code Section 67.8, the Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors shall meet in closed session for:
CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATOR
CCSF Representative: Debra Johnson and/or her designees
TWU, Local 250-A and TWU, Local 200
_X__ Working Conditions
ADJOURN CLOSED SESSION AND RECONVENE OPEN SESSION
16. Announcement of Closed Session.
17. Motion to disclose or not disclose the information discussed in closed session.
The Ethics Commission of the City and County of San Francisco has asked us to remind individuals and entities that influence or attempt to influence local legislative or administrative action may be required by the San Francisco Lobbyist Ordinance [S.F. Campaign and Governmental Conduct Code section 2.100 et seq.] to register and report lobbying activity.For more information about the Lobbyist Ordinance, please contact the Ethics Commission at 415.581.2300; fax: 415.581.2317; 25 Van Ness Avenue, Suite 220, SF, CA 94102-6027 or the web site: sfgov.org/ethics.
Know your rights under the Sunshine Ordinance