SFMTA Board > Special meeting and closed session June 14, 2011, minutes
1. Call to Order
Chairman Nolan called the meeting to order at 9:07 a.m.
2. Roll Call
3. Public Comment
4. Discussion and vote pursuant to Administrative Code Section 67.11(a) as to whether to conduct a closed session.
On motion to invoke the attorney-client privilege: unanimously approved (Bridges, Heinicke and Lee - absent).
Chairman Nolan called the closed session to order at 9:08 a.m.
5. Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6(a) and Administrative Code Section 67.8, the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency Board shall meet in closed session for:
CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATOR
CCSF Representative: Debra Johnson and/or her designees
TWU, Local 250-A
_X__ Working Conditions
Directors Lee and Heinicke arrived.
6. Pursuant to Government Code Sections 54956.9 (b), and Administrative Code Section 67.10 (b) (2), the Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors will meet in closed session to discuss attorney‑client matters in the following case(s):
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
__X__ As defendant or __X__ As plaintiff
This item was not discussed.
7. Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6 and Administrative Code Section 67.10 (e), the Municipal Transportation Agency Board shall meet in closed session for:
CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATOR – UNREPRESENTED EMPLOYEE
SFMTA Representative: Tom Nolan, Chairman, SFMTA Board of Directors
Employee: Nathaniel P. Ford, Sr., Executive Director/CEO
Contract: Appointment and Compensation Employment Agreement:
_X__ Working Conditions
8. Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957 (b) and Administrative Code Section 67.10 (b), the Municipal Transportation Agency Board will meet in Closed Session to discuss and take possible action to appoint a successor to the incumbent, Nathaniel P. Ford Sr. in the event of a vacancy in that position:
PUBLIC EMPLOYEE APPOINTMENT/HIRING: Executive Director/CEO
ADJOURN CLOSED SESSION AND RECONVENE OPEN SESSION - The closed session was adjourned at 9:37 a.m.
9. Announcement of Closed Session.
Chairman Nolan announced that the SFMTA Board of Directors met in closed session to discuss labor negotiations with TWU 250A and with an unrepresented employee and the appointment of a successor. The Board of Directors took no action. There was no discussion of anticipated litigation.
10. Motion to disclose or not disclose the information discussed in closed session.
On motion to not disclose the information discussed: unanimously approved (Bridges-absent).
11. “Sunshine” labor agreements. (Explanatory documents include the agreement, comparison and cost analysis.) (Debra Johnson)
Debra Johnson, director, Administration, Taxi and Accessible Services “sunshined” labor agreements with TWU, Local 200 and TWU, Local 250-A (9132) and (9163), reviewed the changes and provided a financial analysis.
A tape of the meeting is on file in the office of the Secretary to the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors.
The Ethics Commission of the City and County of San Francisco has asked us to remind individuals and entities that influence or attempt to influence local legislative or administrative action may be required by the San Francisco Lobbyist Ordinance [SF Admin. Code Sections 16.520 - 16.534] to register and report lobbying activity. For more information about the Lobbyist Ordinance, please contact the Ethics Commission at 1390 Market Street, Suite 801, San Francisco, CA 94102, telephone (415) 554-9510, fax (415) 554-8757 and web site: sfgov.org/ethics.
311 Free language assistance / 免費語言協助 / Ayuda gratuita con el idioma / Бесплатная помощь переводчиков / Trợ giúp Thông dịch Miễn phí / Assistance linguistique gratuite / 無料の言語支援 / 무료 언어 지원 / Libreng tulong para sa wikang Tagalog / คว“มช่วยเหลือท“งภ“ษ“โดยไม่เส’ยค่าใช้จ่าย
©2000-2013 San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency. All rights reserved.