SFMTA Board > March 18, 2008, agenda
NOTICE OF MEETING AND CALENDAR
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
REGULAR MEETING AND CLOSED SESSION
SFMTA BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Rev. Dr. James McCray, Jr., Chairman
Nathaniel P. Ford, Sr.
ORDER OF BUSINESS
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Announcement of prohibition of sound producing devices during the meeting.
4. Approval of Minutes
6. Introduction of New or Unfinished Business by Board Members
7. Executive Director’s Report (For discussion only)
8. Citizen’s Advisory Council Report
9. Public Comment
Members of the public may address the Board on matters that are within the Board's jurisdiction and are not on today's calendar.
THE FOLLOWING MATTERS BEFORE THE SAN FRANCISCO MUNICIPAL TRANSPORTATION AGENCY BOARD ARE RECOMMENDED FOR ACTION AS STATED BY THE SFMTA EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR/CEO OR CITY ATTORNEY WHERE APPLICABLE. EXPLANATORY DOCUMENTS FOR ALL CALENDAR ITEMS ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW AT 1 SOUTH VAN NESS AVE. 7th FLOOR.
10. All matters listed hereunder constitute a Consent Calendar, are considered to be routine by the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency Board and will be acted upon by a single vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a member of the Board or the public so requests, in which event the matter shall be removed from the Consent Calendar and considered as a separate item.
(10.1) Requesting the Controller to allot funds and to draw warrants against such funds available or will be available in payment of the following claims against the SFMTA:
(10.2) Approving the following traffic modifications:
(10.3) Authorizing the Executive Director/CEO to accept and expend $51,600,000 of FY2007-08 Public Transportation Modernization, Improvement, and Service Enhancement Account funds from the State of California for the Third Street Light Rail Project, Mission Bay Loop, Metro East Facility, overhead lines; fare box rehabilitation, automatic passenger counters for buses; an enclosure for historic vehicles, wayside fare collection and operator restroom projects.
(Explanatory documents include a staff report and resolution.) (Sonali Bose)
(10.4) Approving an agreement with City College for City College to: construct a traffic signal on Phelan Avenue at the future Phelan Loop; reimburse the SFMTA for costs estimated at $141,927 to design and inspect construction of a new traffic signal at the main driveway into the West Reservoir Campus Parking Lot and modification of the existing traffic signal on Phelan Avenue opposite the main entrance, and associated curb ramps, painting and striping of Phelan Avenue at all three locations. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and agreement.) (Bond Yee)
(10.5) Authorizing the Executive Director/CEO to execute Contract CS-154 Software Maintenance Attachment with Fourth Dimension Traffic for software for a total agreement amount not to exceed $330,696 from April 1, 2008 through March 31, 2011. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and agreement.) (Bond Yee)
11. Presentation on the Transbay Terminal Project and requesting authorization to adjust service on the 5-Fulton, 6-Parnassus, 10-Townsend, 38-Geary, 38L-Geary Limited, 71-Haight-Noriega, 71L-Haight-Noriega Limited, 76-Marin Headlands, and 108-Treasure Island transit lines and minor stop changes to the 20-Columbus and 41-Union transit lines to serve the temporary Transbay Terminal. (Explanatory documents include a staff report and resolution.) (Ken McDonald and Bond Yee)
12. Presentation and discussion regarding the SFMTA’s FY09 and FY10 operating budgets. (Explanatory documents include a budget book.) (Sonali Bose)
13. Public Hearing to consider possible changes to rates, fares, charges, fines, fees, taxes and assessments. (Explanatory documents include a staff report.) (Sonali Bose)
14. Presentation and discussion of FY08 Second Quarter Service Standards Report.
(Explanatory documents include a staff report.) (Debra Johnson)
15. Discussion and vote pursuant to Administrative Code Section 67.10(d) as to whether to conduct a closed session and invoke the attorney‑client privilege.
RECESS REGULAR MEETING AND CONVENE CLOSED SESSION
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Pursuant to Government Code Sections 54956.9, and Administrative Code Section 67.8 (a) (3) the Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors will meet in closed session to discuss attorney‑client matters in the following case:
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
___X___ As defendant _____ As plaintiff
4. Pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.9 and the Administrative Code Section 67.8 (a) (3), the Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors will meet in Closed Session to discuss and possibly act on attorney‑client matters in the following cases:
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
ADJOURN CLOSED SESSION AND RECONVENE OPEN SESSION
16. Announcement of Closed Session.
17. Motion to disclose or not disclose the information discussed in closed session.
The Ethics Commission of the City and County of San Francisco has asked us to remind individuals and entities that influence or attempt to influence local legislative or administrative action may be required by the San Francisco Lobbyist Ordinance [S.F. Campaign and Governmental Conduct Code section 2.100 et seq.] to register and report lobbying activity. For more information about the Lobbyist Ordinance, please contact the Ethics Commission at 415-581-2300; fax: 415-581-2317; 30 Van Ness Ave., Suite 3900, SF, CA 94102-6027 or the web site: sfgov.org/ethics.
311 Free language assistance / 免費語言協助 / Ayuda gratuita con el idioma / Бесплатная помощь переводчиков / Trợ giúp Thông dịch Miễn phí / Assistance linguistique gratuite / 無料の言語支援 / 무료 언어 지원 / Libreng tulong para sa wikang Tagalog / คว“มช่วยเหลือท“งภ“ษ“โดยไม่เส’ยค่าใช้จ่าย
©2000-2013 San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency. All rights reserved.