SFMTA Board > March 4, 2008, agenda
NOTICE OF MEETING AND CALENDAR
Tuesday, March 4, 2008
REGULAR MEETING AND CLOSED SESSION
SFMTA BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Rev. Dr. James McCray, Jr., Chairman
Nathaniel P. Ford, Sr.
Item 11 attachments: TEP Draft Proposals to Transform Muni
ORDER OF BUSINESS
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Announcement of prohibition of sound producing devices during the meeting.
4. Approval of Minutes
6. Introduction of New or Unfinished Business by Board Members
(6.1) Election of SFMTA Board Chairman and Vice Chairman pursuant to SFMTA Rules of Order
7. Executive Director’s Report (For discussion only)
8. Citizen’s Advisory Council Report
9. Public Comment
Members of the public may address the Board on matters that are within the Board's jurisdiction and are not on today's calendar.
THE FOLLOWING MATTERS BEFORE THE SAN FRANCISCO MUNICIPAL TRANSPORTATION AGENCY BOARD ARE RECOMMENDED FOR ACTION AS STATED BY THE SFMTA EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR/CEO OR CITY ATTORNEY WHERE APPLICABLE. EXPLANATORY DOCUMENTS FOR ALL CALENDAR ITEMS ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW AT 1 SOUTH VAN NESS AVE. 7th FLOOR.
10. All matters listed hereunder constitute a Consent Calendar, are considered to be routine by the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency Board and will be acted upon by a single vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a member of the Board or the public so requests, in which event the matter shall be removed from the Consent Calendar and considered as a separate item.
(10.1) Approving the following traffic modifications:
(10.2) Approving the following traffic modifications:
(10.3) Authorizing the Executive Director/CEO to execute Master Service Agreements for elevator and escalator maintenance with Otis Elevator Company in an amount not to exceed $1,870,000 for a term of five years; with Schindler Elevator Corporation in an amount not to exceed $2,167,611 for a term of five years; and with KONE in an amount not to exceed $625,000 for a term of five years. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and agreements.) (Ken McDonald)
(10.4) Authorizing the Executive Director/CEO to approve the award of Department of Public Works Contract No. 1387J: Contract 58 New Traffic Signals, to Phoenix Electric for a total contract amount not to exceed $1,283,849. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and financial plan.) (Bond Yee)
(10.5) Authorizing the Executive Director/CEO to execute an Agreement to accept $130,000 from the State of California for conversion of the traffic signals at Silver Avenue/San Bruno Avenue and Silver Avenue/Bayshore intersections to City standards and to assume the obligation to operate, control and maintain the traffic signal systems. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and agreement.) (Bond Yee)
(10.6) Approving the plan for the emergency work in the Twin Peaks Tunnel, including Contract Modification No. 6 to Contract No. MR-1210, Muni Metro System Subway Overhead Reconstruction Project, with Shimmick Construction Company in the amount of $1,649,589, with an extension of the Contract term of 76 calendar days. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and agreement.) (Carter Rohan)
11. Presentation and discussion of the Transit Effectiveness Project’s draft proposals regarding Muni service and route changes. (Explanatory documents include a staff report.) (Julie Kirschbaum)
12. Presentation and discussion regarding the SFMTA’s FY09 and FY10 operating budgets. (No explanatory documents.) (Sonali Bose)
13. Discussion and vote pursuant to Administrative Code Section 67.10(d) as to whether to conduct a closed session and invoke the attorney‑client privilege.
RECESS REGULAR MEETING AND CONVENE CLOSED SESSION
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.9 and the Administrative Code Section 67.8 (a) (3), the Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors will meet in Closed Session to discuss and take action on attorney‑client matters in the following case:
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
4. Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6(a) and Administrative Code Section 67.8, the Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors shall meet in closed session for:
CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATOR
CCSF Representative: Vicki Rambo and/or her designees
TWU, Local 250-A
_X__ Working Conditions
ADJOURN CLOSED SESSION AND RECONVENE OPEN SESSION
14. Announcement of Closed Session.
15. Motion to disclose or not disclose the information discussed in closed session.
The Ethics Commission of the City and County of San Francisco has asked us to remind individuals and entities that influence or attempt to influence local legislative or administrative action may be required by the San Francisco Lobbyist Ordinance [S.F. Campaign and Governmental Conduct Code section 2.100 et seq.] to register and report lobbying activity. For more information about the Lobbyist Ordinance, please contact the Ethics Commission at 415-581-2300; fax: 415-581-2317; 30 Van Ness Ave., Suite 3900, SF, CA 94102-6027 or the web site: sfgov.org/ethics.
311 Free language assistance / 免費語言協助 / Ayuda gratuita con el idioma / Бесплатная помощь переводчиков / Trợ giúp Thông dịch Miễn phí / Assistance linguistique gratuite / 無料の言語支援 / 무료 언어 지원 / Libreng tulong para sa wikang Tagalog / คว“มช่วยเหลือท“งภ“ษ“โดยไม่เส’ยค่าใช้จ่าย
©2000-2013 San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency. All rights reserved.