MUNICIPAL TRANSPORTATION AGENCY
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
NOTICE OF SPECIAL MEETING AND CALENDAR
Monday, November 14, 2011
General's Residence Dining Room
Fort Mason Center
One Fort Mason
SPECIAL MEETING AND CLOSED SESSION
SFMTA BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Tom Nolan, Chairman
Jerry Lee, Vice Chairman
Edward D. Reiskin
DIRECTOR OF TRANSPORTATION
Calendar items to be posted
- Item 8
- Item 9
- Item 9, budget overview, PDF
- Item 9, budget overview, accessible equivalent PDF
- Item 9, budget presentations, accessible PDF
- Item 9, Capital budget presentation, PDF
- Item 9, Capital budget presentation, accessible equivalent PDF
- Item 9, Transit budget presentation, PDF
- Item 9, Transit budget presentation, accessible equivalent PDF
ORDER OF BUSINESS
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Announcement of prohibition of sound producing devices during the meeting.
5. Introduction of New or Unfinished Business by Board Members
6. Director’s Report (For discussion only)
7. Citizens’ Advisory Council Report
THE FOLLOWING MATTERS BEFORE THE SAN FRANCISCO MUNICIPAL TRANSPORTATION AGENCY BOARD OF DIRECTORS ARE RECOMMENDED FOR ACTION AS STATED BY THE SFMTA DIRECTOR OF TRANSPORTATION OR CITY ATTORNEY WHERE APPLICABLE. EXPLANATORY DOCUMENTS FOR ALL CALENDAR ITEMS ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW AT 1 SOUTH VAN NESS AVE. 7th FLOOR.
8. Presentation and discussion regarding the SFMTA’s Strategic Plan. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, plan and slide presentation.)
9. Presentation and discussion regarding the SFMTA’s preliminary FY13 and FY14 budget. (Explanatory documents include a staff report.)
10. Public Comment
Members of the public may address the SFMTA Board of Directors on matters that are within the Board's jurisdiction and are not on today's calendar.
11. Discussion and vote pursuant to Administrative Code Section 67.10(d) as to whether to conduct a closed session.
RECESS SPECIAL MEETING AND CONVENE CLOSED SESSION
12. Call to Order
13. Roll Call
14. Pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.9 and the Administrative Code Section 67.8 (a) (3), the Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors will meet in Closed Session to discuss and take action on attorney‑client matters in the following case:
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
A. TWU Local 250-A v. SFMTA, Superior Court #CPF11511171, filed on 3/25/11
ADJOURN CLOSED SESSION AND RECONVENE OPEN SESSION
15. Announcement of Closed Session.
16. Motion to disclose or not disclose the information discussed in closed session.
The Ethics Commission of the City and County of San Francisco has asked us to remind individuals and entities that influence or attempt to influence local legislative or administrative action may be required by the San Francisco Lobbyist Ordinance [S.F. Campaign and Governmental Conduct Code section 2.100 et seq.] to register and report lobbying activity.For more information about the Lobbyist Ordinance, please contact the Ethics Commission at 415.581.2300; fax: 415.581.2317; 25 Van Ness Avenue, Suite 220, SF, CA 94102-6027 or the web site: sfgov.org/ethics.
ACCESSIBLE MEETING POLICY
The San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors will meet in the General's Residence Dining Room, 1 Fort Mason, Fort Mason Center. The entrance is at Bay Street and Franklin Street, San Francisco. Muni lines serving this location are: 19, 22, 28, 30, 43, 47 and 49. For information about MUNI accessible services call 701-4485.
The meeting room is wheelchair accessible. Accessible parking spaces are available near the General’s Residence for mobility-impaired persons. There is a fee for parking within the gates at Fort Mason Center. More information is available online at www.fortmason.org.
To obtain a disability-related accommodation, including auxiliary aids or services, or to obtain meeting materials in alternative format, please contact Roberta Boomer at 415.701.4505. Providing at least 72 hours notice will help to ensure availability. Written reports or background materials for calendar items are available for public inspection and copying at 1 South Van Ness Ave. 7th Floor during regular business hours and are available on-line at www.sfmta.com/mtab. Public comment will be taken on each item before or during consideration of the item.
To assist the City’s efforts to accommodate persons with severe allergies, environmental illnesses, multiple chemical sensitivity or related disabilities, attendees at public meetings are reminded that other attendees may be sensitive to various chemical based products. Please help the City to accommodate these individuals.
The ringing of and use of cell phones, pagers and similar sound-producing electronic devices are prohibited at this meeting. Please be advised that the Chairman may order the removal from the meeting room of any person(s) responsible for the ringing or use of a cell phone, pager, or other similar sound-producing electronic devices.
KNOW YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE SUNSHINE ORDINANCE
Government's duty is to serve the public, reaching its decision in full view of the public. Commissions, boards, councils and other agencies of the City and County exist to conduct the people's business. This ordinance assures that deliberations are conducted before the people and that City operations are open to the people's review. For more information on your rights under the Sunshine Ordinance or to report a violation of the ordinance, contact Frank Darby, Jr. by mail to Administrator, Sunshine Ordinance Task Force, 1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place, Room 244, San Francisco CA 94102-4689; by phone at 415 554 7724; by fax at 415 554 7854; or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copies of the Sunshine Ordinance can be obtained from the Clerk of the Sunshine Task Force, the San Francisco Public Library and on the City’s website at http://www.sfgov.org
Know your rights under the Sunshine Ordinance