MUNICIPAL TRANSPORTATION AGENCY
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
NOTICE OF MEETING AND CALENDAR
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Room 400, City Hall
1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place
REGULAR MEETING AND CLOSED SESSION
SFMTA BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Tom Nolan, Chairman
Jerry Lee, Vice Chairman
Nathaniel P. Ford, Sr.
Accessible meeting policy - 1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place
ORDER OF BUSINESS
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Announcement of prohibition of sound producing devices during the meeting.
4. Approval of Minutes
6. Introduction of New or Unfinished Business by Board Members
7. Executive Director’s Report (For discussion only)
- Legislative Update
- Service review of Giants post-season games and parade
- Ongoing Activities
8. Citizens’ Advisory Council Report
9. Public Comment
Members of the public may address the SFMTA Board of Directors on matters that are within the Board's jurisdiction and are not on today's calendar.
THE FOLLOWING MATTERS BEFORE THE SAN FRANCISCO MUNICIPAL TRANSPORTATION AGENCY BOARD OF DIRECTORS ARE RECOMMENDED FOR ACTION AS STATED BY THE SFMTA EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR/CEO OR CITY ATTORNEY WHERE APPLICABLE. EXPLANATORY DOCUMENTS FOR ALL CALENDAR ITEMS ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW AT 1 SOUTH VAN NESS AVE. 7th FLOOR.
10. All matters listed hereunder constitute a Consent Calendar, are considered to be routine by the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors and will be acted upon by a single vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a member of the Board of Directors or the public so requests, in which event the matter shall be removed from the Consent Calendar and considered as a separate item.
(10.1) Requesting the Controller to allot funds and to draw warrants against such funds available or will be available in payment of the following claims against the SFMTA:
A. Pamela Coates vs. CCSF, Superior Ct. #CGC9490837 filed on 7/27/09 for $9,144.34
B. Luong Huynh vs. CCSF, Superior Ct. #501088 filed on 6/25/10 for $33,000
C. Ari Ades vs. CCSF, Superior Ct. #CGC9491579 filed on 11/10/09 for $99,000
(10.2) Approving the following traffic modifications:
- ESTABLISH – STOP SIGNS – Andover Street and Eugenia Street.
- ESTABLISH – TOW-AWAY, NO STOPPING, 10 PM TO 6 AM, DAILY – Fairfax Avenue, both sides, between Keith and Mendell Streets.
- REVOKE – TOW AWAY NO STOPPING ANYTIME – Holloway Avenue, south side, from 82 to 42 feet west of Ramsell Street.
- ESTABLISH – TOW AWAY NO STOPPING ANYTIME – Holloway Avenue, north side, from 26 to 51 feet east of De Soto Street. (Explanatory documents include a staff report and resolution.) (Bond Yee)
(10.3) Authorizing the Executive Director/CEO to execute a Cost-Sharing Agreement for Paratransit Services with BART requiring BART to reimburse the SFMTA for providing ADA Paratransit services within San Francisco for a period of up to ten years. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and agreement.) (Debra Johnson)
(10.4) Authorizing the award of Contract No. 1237, Muni Metro Subway Escalator Rehabilitation – Phase I, to KONE in an amount not to exceed $2,367,800 and for a term not to exceed 535 calendar days. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and financial plan.) (Carter Rohan)
(10.5) Authorizing the Executive Director/CEO to execute the First Amendment to Contract No. CS –159, Transbay Transit Center Program Services, for Parking Control Officer services during operation of the Temporary Transbay Terminal, to increase the contract amount by $997,698 to revised contract amount of $3,280,677, and to extend the contract term to December 15, 2015.
(Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and amendment.) (John Haley)
(10.6) Authorizing the Executive Director/CEO to execute the Sixth Amendment to Contract #08-1045, Red Light Camera Enforcement Program with ACS State & Local Solutions to extend the existing contract for an additional four months to April 30, 2011. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and amendment.) (Bond Yee)
11. Recommending that the Board of Supervisors adopt a proposed ordinance to move Police Code Sections 1078(a), 1105, 1110, 1145 to Division I of the Transportation Code, enacting Transportation Code, Division I, Section 3.1(f) and Sections 7.2.5 though 7.2.10 related to the operation of motor vehicles for hire, and authorize employees of Taxi Services to enforce specified parking regulations related to taxicabs. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and ordinance.) (Debra Johnson)
12. Adopting amendments to Sections 310, 1102, 1109, 1117, and 1118 of Division II of the San Francisco Transportation Code to streamline the investigation and hearing process for Medallion applicants, increase public participation in the process, clarify the process for settlement of citations and complaints, and revise various provisions related to the Full-Time Driving requirement. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and amendments.) (Debra Johnson)
13. Approving amendments to Division II of the Transportation Code by amending Section 106 to remove parking exemptions for City vehicles or vehicles operated by City employees unless a valid SFMTA Parking Permit is displayed. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and amendments.) (Sonali Bose)
14. Discussion and vote pursuant to Administrative Code Section 67.10(d) as to whether to conduct a closed session and invoke the attorney‑client privilege.
RECESS REGULAR MEETING AND CONVENE CLOSED SESSION
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Pursuant to Government Code Sections 54956.9, and Administrative Code Section 67.8 (a) (3) the Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors will meet in closed session to discuss attorney‑client matters in the following case:
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
__X__ As defendant or __X__ As plaintiff
4. Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6(a) and Administrative Code Section 67.8, the Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors shall meet in closed session for:
CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATOR
CCSF Representative: Debra Johnson and/or her designees
TWU, Local 250-A and TWU, Local 200
_X__ Working Conditions
5. Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957 and Administrative Code Section 67.10 (b), the SFMTA Board of Directors will meet in closed session to discuss:
PUBLIC EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE EVALUATION:
Executive Director/CEO Nathaniel P. Ford, Sr.
ADJOURN CLOSED SESSION AND RECONVENE OPEN SESSION
15. Announcement of Closed Session.
16. Motion to disclose or not disclose the information discussed in closed session.
The Ethics Commission of the City and County of San Francisco has asked us to remind individuals and entities that influence or attempt to influence local legislative or administrative action may be required by the San Francisco Lobbyist Ordinance [S.F. Campaign and Governmental Conduct Code section 2.100 et seq.] to register and report lobbying activity.For more information about the Lobbyist Ordinance, please contact the Ethics Commission at 415.581.2300; fax: 415.581.2317; 25 Van Ness Avenue, Suite 220, SF, CA 94102-6027 or the web site: sfgov.org/ethics.
Know your rights under the Sunshine Ordinance