SFMTA Board > September 16, 2008, agenda
NOTICE OF MEETING AND CALENDAR
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
REGULAR MEETING AND CLOSED SESSION
SFMTA BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Rev. Dr. James McCray, Jr., Chairman
Nathaniel P. Ford, Sr.
Calendar items (version 6 accessible PDF):
ORDER OF BUSINESS
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Announcement of prohibition of sound producing devices during the meeting.
4. Approval of Minutes
6. Introduction of New or Unfinished Business by Board Members
7. Executive Director’s Report (For discussion only)
8. Citizen’s Advisory Council Report
9. Public Comment
Members of the public may address the Board on matters that are within the Board's jurisdiction and are not on today's calendar.
THE FOLLOWING MATTERS BEFORE THE SAN FRANCISCO MUNICIPAL TRANSPORTATION AGENCY BOARD OF DIRECTORS/PARKING AUTHORITY COMMISSION ARE RECOMMENDED FOR ACTION AS STATED BY THE SFMTA EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR/CEO OR CITY ATTORNEY WHERE APPLICABLE. EXPLANATORY DOCUMENTS FOR ALL CALENDAR ITEMS ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW AT 1 SOUTH VAN NESS AVE. 7th FLOOR.
10. All matters listed hereunder constitute a Consent Calendar, are considered to be routine by the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency Board/Parking Authority Commission and will be acted upon by a single vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a member of the Board/Commission or the public so requests, in which event the matter shall be removed from the Consent Calendar and considered as a separate item.
(10.1) Requesting the Controller to allot funds and to draw warrants against such funds available or will be available in payment of the following claims against the SFMTA:
(10.2) Approving the following traffic modifications:
(10.3) Authorizing the Executive Director/CEO to accept and expend $8,000,000 of Fiscal Year 2008 Transit Security Grant Program funds to purchase and install critical security equipment to enhance the security of Muni’s bus and rail system. (Explanatory documents include a staff report and resolution.) (Sonali Bose)
(10.4) Authorizing the Executive Director/CEO to accept and expend $4,000,000 of Federal Transit Administration Section 5307 funds for the design and construction of the Central Subway project. (Explanatory documents include a staff report and resolution.) (Sonali Bose)
(10.5) Authorizing the Executive Director/CEO to execute Amendment 11 to the Master Agreement with Xtech for software services for an amount not to exceed $456,250 and for a term of 19 months. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and amendment.) (Sonali Bose)
(10.6) Authorizing the Executive Director/CEO to award Contract #2008-01, Balboa Park Station Pedestrian and Bicycle Connection project with Carter & Burgess for an amount not to exceed $220,000 and for a total contract time of one year to conduct planning studies for the Balboa Park Station Pedestrian and Bicycle Connection project. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and contract.) (Carter Rohan)
(10.7) Authorizing the Executive Director/CEO to execute the Ninth Modification to Contract No. MR-1138, Automatic Vehicle Location System, to extend the Agreement to March 5, 2009 and increase the amount by $933,996 to $12,386,608 to perform additional work and improvements to the Automatic Vehicle Location System. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and modification.) (Carter Rohan)
(10.8) Fixing the wage schedule for Transit Operators, Classification 9163 as $27.3050 per hour as of July 1, 2008 and $27.9150 per hour as of July 6, 2008 for Operators and $17.2022 per hour for Operator Trainees as of July 1, 2008 and $17.5865 per hour for Operator Trainees effective July 6, 2008. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and wage certification.) (Debra Johnson)
(10.9) Approving the amendment to the Memorandum of Understanding between the SFMTA and Transport Workers Union Local 250-A to extend the term to June 30, 20ll. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution, financial analysis and MOU.) (Debra Johnson)
(10.10) Acting as the Parking Authority Commission, authorizing the Executive Director/CEO, to advertise a Request for Proposal for the Master Lease of the commercial space in the Moscone Center Garage, known as 243, 245, 247, 249, 251, 253 and 257 Third Street. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and RFP.) (Sonali Bose)
3:30 p.m. - SPECIAL ORDER
The SFMTA Board of Directors will call item 11 at 3:30 p.m. At 5:00 p.m., the Board of Directors will take a 30 minute recess. They will reconvene the meeting at 5:30 p.m. to continue the public hearing.
11. Hearing to consider public comment regarding the SFMTA’s Transit Effectiveness Project recommendations. (Explanatory documents include a staff report.)
12. Discussion and vote pursuant to Administrative Code Section 67.10(d) as to whether to conduct a closed session and invoke the attorney‑client privilege.
RECESS REGULAR MEETING AND CONVENE CLOSED SESSION
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.9 and the Administrative Code Section 67.8 (a) (3), the Municipal Transportation Agency Board will meet in Closed Session to discuss attorney‑client matters in the following case:
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
A. Imelda Torrente vs. CCSF, Superior. Ct. #461332, filed 3/20/2007
4. Pursuant to Government Code Sections 54956.9, and Administrative Code Section 67.8 (a) (3) the Municipal Transportation Agency Board will meet in closed session to discuss attorney‑client matters in the following case:
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
___X ___ As defendant or __X___ As plaintiff
ADJOURN CLOSED SESSION AND RECONVENE OPEN SESSION
13. Announcement of Closed Session.
14. Motion to disclose or not disclose the information discussed in closed session.
The Ethics Commission of the City and County of San Francisco has asked us to remind individuals and entities that influence or attempt to influence local legislative or administrative action may be required by the San Francisco Lobbyist Ordinance [S.F. Campaign and Governmental Conduct Code section 2.100 et seq.] to register and report lobbying activity. For more information about the Lobbyist Ordinance, please contact the Ethics Commission at 415-581-2300; fax: 415-581-2317; 30 Van Ness Ave., Suite 3900, SF, CA 94102-6027 or the web site: sfgov.org/ethics.
311 Free language assistance / 免費語言協助 / Ayuda gratuita con el idioma / Бесплатная помощь переводчиков / Trợ giúp Thông dịch Miễn phí / Assistance linguistique gratuite / 無料の言語支援 / 무료 언어 지원 / Libreng tulong para sa wikang Tagalog / คว“มช่วยเหลือท“งภ“ษ“โดยไม่เส’ยค่าใช้จ่าย
©2000-2013 San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency. All rights reserved.