SPECIAL MEETING MINUTES
November 30, 2007 at 2:00 p.m.
City Hall,1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place
Present: Gillespie, Benjamin, Oka (late), Oneto, Paek
Absent: Heinicke, Breslin
President Gillespie called the meeting to order at 2:00 P.M.
STAFF IN ATTENDENCE: Executive Director Heidi Machen, Executive Secretary Tamara Odisho – Taxi Commission, City Attorney Tom Owen
Heidi Machen, Executive Director: Turn-off cell-phones, interferes with phone systems and we get feedback.
1. Call to Order/Roll Call
2. Consent Calendar [ACTION]
All matters listed hereunder constitute a Consent Calendar, are considered to be routine by the Commission and will be acted upon by a single roll call vote of the Commission. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a member of the Commission so requests, in which event the matter shall be removed from the Consent Calendar and considered as a separate item.
A. Consideration of the Taxi Commission to grant a Color Scheme Change to:
Medallion Holder Name:
1. Michael Roach
Metro to National
- Hansu Kim: Delay in granting medallion hurt Michael Roach. Inappropriate to hold up color scheme change under speculation of an investigation. Taxi Commission should create standards.
- Tariq Mehmood: Commission staff running office. Initially, granting Michael Roach a medallion was questionable because of his qualifications and now he is applying for a color scheme change, this should not be held up.
- Roll Call
- Com Oneto: Motion to approve color scheme change for Michael Roach.
- Com Benjamin: 2nd motion.
AYES: Gillespie, Benjamin, Paek, Oneto
ABSENT: Breslin, Oka, Heinicke
- Public Comment (Please limit public comment to items NOT on the agenda)
- Tariq Mehmood: Commission should not vote on big items since it will be going under the MTA. Let the MTA take over the big action items.
- Wes Hollis, Executive taxi: Discussed his handout which he has revised to the Commissioners on hybrid and alternative fuel vehicles. Overview of other items.
- Pres Gillespie: You did not include the Civic CNG which we have approved.
- Wes Hollis: CNG is a dinosaur.
- Dan Hinds: Appreciates Commission for holding a special meeting on this issue.
- Michael Roach: Taxi business and public are here to serve the public. Regardless of the disagreements, “can’t we all just get along?”
- Sitewide links:
|Visit the 311 Self-service portal|