SFMTA Board > Feb. 5, 2013, agenda
NOTICE OF SPECIAL MEETING AND CALENDAR
Tuesday, February 5, 2013
SPECIAL MEETING AND CLOSED SESSION
SFMTA BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Tom Nolan, Chairman
Edward D. Reiskin
*PLEASE NOTE THE CHANGE TO THE START TIME OF THE MEETING
ORDER OF BUSINESS
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Announcement of prohibition of sound producing devices during the meeting.
4. Approval of Minutes
6. Introduction of New or Unfinished Business by Board Members
7. Director’s Report (For discussion only)
8. Citizens’ Advisory Council Report
9. Public Comment
Members of the public may address the SFMTA Board of Directors on matters that are within the Board's jurisdiction and are not on today's calendar.
THE FOLLOWING MATTERS BEFORE THE SAN FRANCISCO MUNICIPAL TRANSPORTATION AGENCY BOARD OF DIRECTORS ARE RECOMMENDED FOR ACTION AS STATED BY THE SFMTA DIRECTOR OF TRANSPORTATION OR CITY ATTORNEY WHERE APPLICABLE. EXPLANATORY DOCUMENTS FOR ALL CALENDAR ITEMS ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW AT 1 SOUTH VAN NESS AVE. 7th FLOOR.
10. All matters listed hereunder constitute a Consent Calendar, are considered to be routine by the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors and will be acted upon by a single vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a member of the Board of Directors or the public so requests, in which event the matter shall be removed from the Consent Calendar and considered as a separate item.
(10.1) Requesting the Controller to allot funds and to draw warrants against such funds available or will be available in payment of the following claims against the SFMTA:
A. Donna Curtis vs. CCSF, Superior Ct. #CGC11513362 filed on 8/15/11 for $2,000
B. Jose Lopez vs. CCSF, Superior Ct. #CGC11514830 filed on 10/4/11 for $2,225
C. Marilyn Jones vs. CCSF, Superior Ct. #CGC11516232 filed on 11/30/11 for $2,500
D. Ahmed Abid vs. CCSF, Superior Ct. #CGC9488049 filed on 5/4/09 for $20,000
(10.2) Approving the following traffic modifications:
A. ESTABLISH – NO PARKING VEHICLES MORE THAN 6 FEET HIGH – Baden Avenue, both sides, between Circular Avenue and San Jose Avenue.
B. ESTABLISH – RESIDENTIAL PERMIT PARKING AREA X – ELIGIBILITY ONLY – 165 and 197 Mississippi Street Residences only.
C. ESTABLISH – RESIDENTIAL PERMIT PARKING AREA S, 2-HOUR PARKING,
D. ESTABLISH – STOP SIGNS – Stopping Amazon Avenue at Athens Street.
E. ESTABLISH – STOP SIGN – Stopping Nordhoff Street at Stillings Avenue, northbound.
F. ESTABLISH – NO PARKING ANYTIME – Quintara Street, north side, between
G. ESTABLISH – STOP SIGN – Stopping Munich Street at Naples Street, westbound.
H. ESTABLISH – STOP SIGNS – Stopping Topeka Avenue at Maddux Avenue.
I. ESTABLISH – STOP SIGNS – Stopping Welsh Street at 4th Street, eastbound and westbound.
J. ESTABLISH – RED ZONE – California Street, north side, from 21st Avenue to 21 feet westerly.
K. ESTABLISH – BIKE LANES – Judah Street, between 7th Avenue and 6th Avenue, westbound direction only; and Judah Street, between 6th Avenue and 5th Avenue, both directions.
L. ESTABLISH – NO LEFT TURN, 3 PM TO 7 PM, EXCEPT SUNDAY – Divisadero Street, northbound, at Fell Street.
M. ESTABLISH – NO LEFT TURN – Geary Boulevard, eastbound, at 3rd Avenue.
N. ESTABLISH – TOW-AWAY, NO PARKING, 1 AM TO 6 AM, EVERYDAY – Alemany Boulevard, north side, from 22 feet south of the driveway for 2726 Alemany Boulevard to Farragut Avenue.
O. ESTABLISH – TOW-AWAY, NO PARKING ANYTIME – O'Farrell Street, north side, from 163 feet east of Webster Street to four feet south of the driveway entrance for the
P. ESTABLISH – PERPENDICULAR PARKING – O'Farrell Street terminus at Hollis Street, from four feet to 26 feet south of the driveway entrance for the St. Francis Square Cooperative Apartments.
Q. ESTABLISH – RESIDENTIAL PERMIT PARKING AREA C - ELIGIBILITY ONLY – 507 Bush Street Residences only.
R. ESTABLISH – RESIDENTIAL PERMIT PARKING AREA N, 2-HOUR PARKING,
9 AM TO 6 PM, MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY – 12th Avenue, between Anza and Balboa Streets, both sides; and Balboa Street, between 11th and 12th Avenues, both sides.
S. ESTABLISH – NO PARKING ANYTIME – Grand View Avenue, west side, from Clipper Street to the driveway for 745/747 Grand View Avenue.
T. ESTABLISH – NO PARKING ANYTIME – High Street, west side, from 15 feet south of Clipper Terrace to 50 feet north of Clipper Terrace.
U. ESTABLISH – STOP SIGN – Stopping southbound Shotwell Street at Stoneman Street.
V. ESTABLISH – TOW-AWAY, NO STOPPING ANYTIME – Valencia Street, west side, from McCoppin Street to 90 feet southerly. (Explanatory documents include a staff report and resolution.)
(10.3) Authorizing the Director of Transportation to execute Contract No. SFMTA - 2011/12-25, As- Needed Specialized Engineering Services for SFMTA Rail Vehicle Projects to Parsons Corporation in an amount not to exceed $5,000,000 and a term not to exceed six years. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and contract.)
(10.4) Authorizing the Director of Transportation to execute the Second Amendment to Contract No. CS-159, an Intergovernmental Agreement with the Transbay Joint Powers Authority for additional or amended SFMTA staff support services to support the TJPA’s Transit Center development including the Temporary Bridges, Utility Relocation, Bus Ramps, Signal Work, and Bus Storage Facility; increase the total compensation by $2,113,000, for a total compensation amount not to exceed $5,393,677, and extend the term to December 31, 2017. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and amendment.)
11. Discussion and vote pursuant to Administrative Code Section 67.10(d) as to whether to conduct a closed session.
RECESS SPECIAL MEETING AND CONVENE CLOSED SESSION
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.9 and the Administrative Code Section 67.8 (a) (3), the Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors will meet in Closed Session to discuss and take action on attorney‑client matters in the following case:
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
A. Coalition for Adequate Review vs. CCSF, Ca. Court of Appeals #A129910 filed on 7/28/05
B. Marc Bruno and Save North Beach vs. CCSF, Superior Court #CPF12512380 filed on 7/31/12
4. Pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.8 and Administrative Code Sections 67.8 (a) (2) and 67.12 (b) (1), the Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors/Parking Authority Commission will meet in closed session to discuss real estate negotiations:
CONFERENCE WITH REAL PROPERTY NEGOTIATOR
5. Pursuant to Government Code Sections 54956.9 (b), and Administrative Code Section 67.10 (b) (2), the Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors will meet in closed session to discuss attorney‑client matters in the following case(s):
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
__X__ As defendant or __X__ As plaintiff
ADJOURN CLOSED SESSION AND RECONVENE OPEN SESSION
12. Announcement of Closed Session.
13. Motion to disclose or not disclose the information discussed in closed session.
The Ethics Commission of the City and County of San Francisco has asked us to remind individuals and entities that influence or attempt to influence local legislative or administrative action may be required by the San Francisco Lobbyist Ordinance [S.F. Campaign and Governmental Conduct Code section 2.100 et seq.] to register and report lobbying activity. For more information about the Lobbyist Ordinance, please contact the Ethics Commission at 415.581.2300; fax: 415.581.2317; 25 Van Ness Avenue, Suite 220, SF, CA 94102-6027 or the web site: sfgov.org/ethics.
311 Free language assistance / 免費語言協助 / Ayuda gratuita con el idioma / Бесплатная помощь переводчиков / Trợ giúp Thông dịch Miễn phí / Assistance linguistique gratuite / 無料の言語支援 / 무료 언어 지원 / Libreng tulong para sa wikang Tagalog / คว“มช่วยเหลือท“งภ“ษ“โดยไม่เส’ยค่าใช้จ่าย
©2000-2013 San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency. All rights reserved.