SFMTA Board > March 30, 2010, agenda
NOTICE OF MEETING AND CALENDAR
SPECIAL MEETING AND CLOSED SESSION
SFMTA BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Tom Nolan, Chairman
Nathaniel P. Ford, Sr.
ORDER OF BUSINESS
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Announcement of prohibition of sound producing devices during the meeting.
4. Approval of Minutes
6. Introduction of New or Unfinished Business by Board Members
7. Executive Director’s Report (For discussion only)
8. Citizens’ Advisory Council Report
9. Public Comment
Members of the public may address the SFMTA Board of Directors on matters that are within the Board's jurisdiction and are not on today's calendar.
THE FOLLOWING MATTERS BEFORE THE SAN FRANCISCO MUNICIPAL TRANSPORTATION AGENCY BOARD OF DIRECTORS ARE RECOMMENDED FOR ACTION AS STATED BY THE SFMTA EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR/CEO OR CITY ATTORNEY WHERE APPLICABLE. EXPLANATORY DOCUMENTS FOR ALL CALENDAR ITEMS ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW AT 1 SOUTH VAN NESS AVE. 7th FLOOR.
10. All matters listed hereunder constitute a Consent Calendar, are considered to be routine by the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors and will be acted upon by a single vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a member of the Board of Directors or the public so requests, in which event the matter shall be removed from the Consent Calendar and considered as a separate item.
(10.1) Requesting the Controller to allot funds and to draw warrants against such funds available or will be available in payment of the following claims against the SFMTA:
(10.2) Approving the following traffic modifications:
(10.3) Authorizing the Executive Director/CEO to accept and expend $168,000 of Regional Measure 2 funds for a Safe Routes to Transit project to promote and encourage safe bicycling to and from the Glen Park BART Station. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution, application and opinion of legal counsel.) (Sonali Bose)
(10.4) Adopting traffic calming projects for the Buena Vista Avenue – Roosevelt Way – 17th Street, Crestlake, Fillmore, St. Francis Wood, and Sunnyside neighborhoods (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and maps.) (Bond Yee)
11. Presentation and discussion of the SFMTA’s Operating Budget for FY11 and FY12 and public hearing regarding possible increases to various fares, fees, fines, rates and charges, transit service modifications and expenditure reductions. (Explanatory documents include a staff report.) (Sonali Bose)
12. Declaring that a continuing fiscal emergency exists caused by the failure of agency revenues to adequately fund agency programs, facilities, and operations pursuant to the California Public Resources Code and California Environmental Quality Act. (Explanatory documents include a staff report and resolution.) (Sonali Bose)
13. Presentation and Discussion of the SFMTA’s Capital Budget for FY11 and FY12. (Explanatory documents include a slide presentation.) (Bond Yee)
14. Approving and adopting amendments to Article 1100 of Division II of the Transportation Code, regulating Motor Vehicles for Hire to establish a Taxi Advisory Council. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and amendment) (Debra Johnson)
15. Discussion and vote pursuant to Administrative Code Section 67.10(d) as to whether to conduct a closed session and invoke the attorney‑client privilege.
RECESS REGULAR MEETING AND CONVENE CLOSED SESSION
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Pursuant to Government Code Sections 54956.9, and Administrative Code Section 67.8 (a) (3) the Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors will meet in closed session to discuss attorney‑client matters in the following case:
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
__X__ As defendant or __X__ As plaintiff
4. Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6(a) and Administrative Code Section 67.8, the Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors shall meet in closed session for:
CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATOR
CCSF Representative: Debra Johnson and/or her designees
IAM Local 1414, IBEW Local 6, SEIU Local 1021, TWU Local 200, TWU Local 250A, and MEA
_X__ Working Conditions
ADJOURN CLOSED SESSION AND RECONVENE OPEN SESSION
16. Announcement of Closed Session.
17. Motion to disclose or not disclose the information discussed in closed session.
The Ethics Commission of the City and County of San Francisco has asked us to remind individuals and entities that influence or attempt to influence local legislative or administrative action may be required by the San Francisco Lobbyist Ordinance [S.F. Campaign and Governmental Conduct Code section 2.100 et seq.] to register and report lobbying activity.For more information about the Lobbyist Ordinance, please contact the Ethics Commission at 415.581.2300; fax: 415.581.2317; 25 Van Ness Avenue, Suite 220, SF, CA 94102-6027 or the web site: sfgov.org/ethics.
311 Free language assistance / 免費語言協助 / Ayuda gratuita con el idioma / Бесплатная помощь переводчиков / Trợ giúp Thông dịch Miễn phí / Assistance linguistique gratuite / 無料の言語支援 / 무료 언어 지원 / Libreng tulong para sa wikang Tagalog / คว“มช่วยเหลือท“งภ“ษ“โดยไม่เส’ยค่าใช้จ่าย
©2000-2013 San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency. All rights reserved.