SFMTA Board > March 6, 2012, agenda
NOTICE OF MEETING AND CALENDAR
REGULAR MEETING AND CLOSED SESSION
SFMTA BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Tom Nolan, Chairman
Edward D. Reiskin
ORDER OF BUSINESS
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Announcement of prohibition of sound producing devices during the meeting.
4. Approval of Minutes
6. Introduction of New or Unfinished Business by Board Members
7. Director’s Report (For discussion only)
8. Citizens’ Advisory Council Report
9. Public Comment
Members of the public may address the SFMTA Board of Directors on matters that are within the Board's jurisdiction and are not on today's calendar.
THE FOLLOWING MATTERS BEFORE THE SAN FRANCISCO MUNICIPAL TRANSPORTATION AGENCY BOARD OF DIRECTORS ARE RECOMMENDED FOR ACTION AS STATED BY THE SFMTA EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR/CEO OR CITY ATTORNEY WHERE APPLICABLE. EXPLANATORY DOCUMENTS FOR ALL CALENDAR ITEMS ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW AT 1 SOUTH VAN NESS AVE. 7th FLOOR.
10. All matters listed hereunder constitute a Consent Calendar, are considered to be routine by the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors and will be acted upon by a single vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a member of the Board of Directors or the public so requests, in which event the matter shall be removed from the Consent Calendar and considered as a separate item.
(10.1) Requesting the Controller to allot funds and to draw warrants against such funds available or will be available in payment of the following claims against the SFMTA:
A. William Lue vs. CCSF, Superior Ct. #CGC10499081 filed on 4/24/10 for $18,000
(10.2) Approving the following traffic modifications:
A. ESTABLISH – NEW TRAFFIC SIGNAL – Masonic Avenue at Ewing Terrace.
B. ESTABLISH – RED ZONES – Bosworth Street, south side, from 0 feet to 26 feet west of Brompton Avenue; Bosworth Street, north side, from 5 feet to 25 feet east of Brompton Avenue; and Bosworth Street, south side, from 0 feet to 26 feet west of Hamerton Avenue.
C. ESTABLISH – NO PARKING VEHICLES OVER 6 FEET HIGH – Thomas Street, north side, from 3rd Street to 100 feet easterly.
D. ESTABLISH – RESIDENTIAL PERMIT PARKING AREA S, 2-HR PARKING, 8 AM TO 9 PM, MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY – Noe Street - 1000 Block, both sides, between 23rd and Elizabeth Streets.
E. ESTABLISH – NO VEHICLES GREATER THAN 6 FEET TALL – 19th Street, south side, from Alabama St. to 100 feet westerly; and 19th Street, north side, from Alabama St. to 100 feet easterly.
F. ESTABLISH – NO U-TURN – Parnassus Avenue, eastbound at Hillway Avenue.
G. ESTABLISH – 90 DEGREE PARKING – Head Street, east side, from Shakespeare Street to southern terminus.
H. ESTABLISH – NO PARKING ANYTIME – Head Street, west side, from Shakespeare Street to Santa Barbara Avenue.
I. ESTABLISH – NO PARKING and ESTABLISH – SIDEWALK WIDENING – 18th Avenue, west side, from Irving Street to 20' northerly; 18th Avenue, east side, from Irving Street to 21' southerly; Irving Street, south side, from 18th Avenue to 19' westerly; Irving Street, north side, from 18th Avenue to 19' easterly; Judah Street, south side, from 17th Avenue to 17' westerly; and Judah Street, north side, from 17th Avenue to 24' - 7" easterly.
J. ESTABLISH – TOW-AWAY, NO PARKING ANYTIME – Rousseau Street, east side, between Still Street and Cayuga Avenue. (Explanatory documents include a staff report and resolution.)
(10.3) Authorizing the Director to accept from KLA a gift of $500,000 to fund the design, construction and inspection of a new traffic signal system at Masonic Avenue and Ewing Terrace and a signal modification at Masonic Avenue, Anza Street and O’Farrell Street. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and agreement.)
(10.4) Authorizing the Director to execute a Cooperative Purchasing Agreement with the State of Minnesota for the procurement of diesel coaches. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and agreement.)
11. Presentation and discussion of the Operating Budget for FY 2013 and FY 2014 and public hearing regarding possible changes to various fares, fees, fines, rates and charges, transit service modifications and expenditure reductions. (Explanatory documents include a staff report and exhibits.)
12. Presentation and discussion regarding the Transit Effectiveness Project. (Explanatory documents include a slide presentation.)
13. Discussion and vote pursuant to Administrative Code Section 67.10(d) as to whether to conduct a closed session.
RECESS REGULAR MEETING AND CONVENE CLOSED SESSION
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.9 and the Administrative Code Section 67.8 (a) (3), the Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors will meet in Closed Session to discuss and take action on attorney‑client matters in the following case:
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
Transport Workers Union, Local 250A v. CCSF, Superior Court # CPF-12-511972, filed 2/23/2012
Michael John Allen et al v. CCSF, Superior Court # CGC-11-508191, filed 2/14/2011
Investigation into the Operations, Practices and Conduct of the SFMTA Regarding Ongoing Public Safety Issues, California Public Utilities Commission, I. 11-02-017, Issued on 2/24/2011
Pursuant to Government Code Sections 54956.9 (b), and Administrative Code Section 67.10 (b) (2), the Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors will meet in closed session to discuss attorney‑client matters in the following case(s):
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
__X__ As defendant or __X__ As plaintiff
ADJOURN CLOSED SESSION AND RECONVENE OPEN SESSION
14. Announcement of Closed Session.
15. Motion to disclose or not disclose the information discussed in closed session.
The Ethics Commission of the City and County of San Francisco has asked us to remind individuals and entities that influence or attempt to influence local legislative or administrative action may be required by the San Francisco Lobbyist Ordinance [S.F. Campaign and Governmental Conduct Code section 2.100 et seq.] to register and report lobbying activity.For more information about the Lobbyist Ordinance, please contact the Ethics Commission at 415.581.2300; fax: 415.581.2317; 25 Van Ness Avenue, Suite 220, SF, CA 94102-6027 or the web site: sfgov.org/ethics.
311 Free language assistance / 免費語言協助 / Ayuda gratuita con el idioma / Бесплатная помощь переводчиков / Trợ giúp Thông dịch Miễn phí / Assistance linguistique gratuite / 無料の言語支援 / 무료 언어 지원 / Libreng tulong para sa wikang Tagalog / คว“มช่วยเหลือท“งภ“ษ“โดยไม่เส’ยค่าใช้จ่าย
©2000-2013 San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency. All rights reserved.